Scott: A Walk Down Memory Lane

A request by stilinskicrank

Enjoy

I looked around my new room, in a new house, in a new town. My dad does this a lot. He gets bored of a town and leaves. The longest place we've been was probably Boston. We were there for a whole school year. I think my dad is finally settling down on a town. Maybe I'll get to be a Beacon Hills Graduate.

I didn't want to be home unpacking so I grabbed my keys and went for a drive. 

*Ring Ring*

I heard my cell go off. I answer it. 

"Trisha? Please tell me you are coming back home tonight?" My mother said.

"Mom, I promise. I just want to get the lay of the land. I don't want to get lost on my first day tomorrow to school." I answered with a sigh.

"Okay, honey. Wake me when you get home or even text me when you get home. That way I know what time you got home." She said with a sigh of her own.

"I promise. Good night mom!" With that, i ended the call and put my phone on the passenger seat. 

*Ring Ring*

I groan and reach for my phone but when I came back to the wheel I saw a figure and swerved, I still hit it either way. I quickly got out of the car and ran to the back of my car to find a dog lying on the ground whimpering. I picked it up and put it in my car and drove to the vet as fast as I possibly could, considering I was an emotional mess. 

"Hey! Somebody help me! It came out of nowhere! Help me! Please!" I pounded on the glass doors of Beacon Hills Veterinary. Finally, a guy with an uneven jawline opened the door. 

"What happened?" He said in a caring tone.

I choked on my words so I dragged him to my car to find the poor dog whimpering in pain.

"Oh, she's just scared." He said as he petted the dog's golden brown fur. "Let's bring her inside and fix her up."

When we got inside he lied her down on the stainless steel metal table. He began his exam on the dog when I noticed I was a crying mess. 

"Uh, excuse me, where is the restroom?" I muttered.

"So she speaks" He joked, shaking his head then he pointed to a door just outside of the room and a little to the right. 

I cleaned myself up and made myself look a little less like I just ran over a dog. When I returned the dog had a small bandage on his hind legs. The man was cleaning up the stuff when I got back inside.

"So how is she?" I asked. He looked up, smiled and drew a breath.

"Just some small cuts on her legs but she'll be fine. Nothing to seriously." He said making me let a breath go that I didn't realize I was holding in. "It's a good thing you brought her here instead of leaving her to die on the streets."

"You just said it was nothing serious!?" I said feeling that anxious nerve again. 

He laughs and shakes his head. "It was a joke. She would have been fine."

"Okay good." I sighed "Sorry for having you stay open a little later."

"Oh, it totally fine. No need to worry." He said laying a hand on the small of my back, trying to comfort me. 

"Thanks," I said leaning into him.

"Just next time you want to run over a dog call me so that you won't freak out and bang on  my door." He said jokingly making me laugh. He hands out a piece of paper with his number on it.

"Thanks, I'm Trisha, by the way," I said smiling up at his uneven jawline.

"I'm Scott. Are you new to town?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was just exploring the town when I ran her over." I said reminding myself of the town and where the school was.

"Let me put her in the room for dogs and I'll be right back," Scott said letting me go and picking up the dog, carrying her away. I walked around the examining room and looking at the different types of things here. I noticed all sorts of herbs and stuff that looked fairly familiar. Maybe from a book I read.

"So what brings your family to the infamous Beacon Hills?" He asks as he disinfects the table.

"My dad got bored in Boston. He has a tendency to get bored in a town after around two months and go to another state. Normally I would be home schooled but I decided that I want to socialize with people. And the last town we stayed for a whole school year. I got to make friends and join a sport and watch my friends graduate." I said watching his every move.

"Let's hope you stay here long enough to graduate here." He says to me as he gives me his brooding look. 

"Yeah, let's hope." I said smiling at him.

*****

Hey! Sorry, It's a little different lately I haven't really been up to writing more reading. I fell asleep last night at almost 5 in the morning and got out of bed at like 1. It's three now I've been writing for a while now. 

Hope you all are having a good holiday break!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

-Queen_Karen_