Chapter Fifty-Four

Start from the beginning

James seemed happy as well. I passed her the toddler and Damien came up behind me with the baby.

Both of their eyes widen. James walked up taking the baby hesitantly. "Thank you my King. We greatly appreciate your generosity"

Then the girls at our feet grabbed onto Damien making their parents gasp.

"Bye Uncle Damien!" I think both Tatyana and James had a heart attack at that point.

Also, I may have had a heart attack as well.

To all of our surprise, he smiled. He smiled! He patted their heads.

"Bye girls" they giggled, starting to run off.

Both Tatyana and James were speechless. I'm pretty sure they thought their kids heads were about to be ripped off by saying his name. They bowed their heads then quickly started to go after their children.

I turned to him to see him frowning.

"I'm sorry. What Axel said was uncalled for"

"No it's fine...it's reality. I have to get over it" He went to say something else but I cut him off.

"Is everything set for the cage fights?"

"Yeah just about...the Council is leaving tonight then they will be back in two weeks for the celebration"

"How do we know Grayson won't tell anyone else before that?" Damien shook his head.

"I know him. He is very careful on who he picks. He won't tell everyone" I nodded, my arms crossing.

"I'm going to pick up a new book at the library if that's all right" Let me just get away from him before we have 'that' conversation. He didn't answer at first.

"Am I allowed?"

"Claire we need to talk about this"

"I'm going. I'll see you later Damien" I took off the chefs hat from my head giving it to him.

I just turned away from him, scurrying off quickly.

~

The guard waited at the door while I took a glimpse through the books. Romance, romance, romance... yeah let me get out of this section.

I went to turn around but bumped into something. Rather someone. I looked up and my eyes widen seeing it was Grayson.

"Hello darling. Looking at romance books? This is my favorite genre" he reached over me, grabbing a book and looking at the cover.

"What do you want?" He looked back down at me and shrugged.

"I want to offer a deal. To keep your little secret" he smirked as I backed away from him.

He only moved closer to me, trapping me by using the book case.

"I'm not making any sort of deal with you. I feel you are only going to trick me in the end"

"I wouldn't dream of it sweetheart. Now the deal. You spend, one night with me. In my bed. Then I tell everyone I was wrong, this little secret can still be yours" my eyes widened even more in shock.

"How dare you? I'm not some object you can posses and use" he chuckled looking at the mark on my neck.

"You haven't mated your King yet. You both may share marks yet he hasn't taken you. Does he not meet your needs? I bet I can" I wanted to puke in my mouth.

"He meets my needs fine. You have no business sticking your nose in the King and Queens sex life" I spat back at him.

He still kept his smirk.

"Just think about it. I'll need an answer before I leave later. Until then...darling" he took my hand kissing the back of it.

I slapped him away gritting my teeth. The mark on my shoulder lightly started to burn. He winked at me, going to the door.

He said hello to the guard and went out of sight