Chapter Sixty-Four

GRACE'S POV

I had to admit — I truly was shocked that I was here today. It was the last day of the school year, and here I was, finally moving on from 9th grade. Freshman year had been a rollercoaster, to say the least, and to be completely honest, even a month ago I was convinced I was going to be stuck here forever. With 6 high school credits under my belt and a 3.8 GPA, I was going to be going into my sophomore year. 

"Grace! Grace!" Ellie exclaimed, running up to me with her phone in her hand as she basically threw it at me, instructing me to look at the screen. "Look!"

ELEANOR D. LOVATO 

STUDENT ID: 08379335

SEMESTER ONE

ALGEBRA I: B — 0.5 CREDITS
HISTORY 9: B+ — 0.5 CREDITS
BIOLOGY 9: B- — 0.5 CREDITS
ENGLISH 9: A+ — 0.5 CREDITS
ENGLISH 10: A- — 0.5 CREDITS
VIS. ART: C+ — 0.5 CREDITS
PHYS. ED: B- — 0.5 CREDITS

SEM. ONE CREDITS: 3.5

SEMESTER TWO

ALGEBRA I: B- — 0.5 CREDITS
ENGLISH 9: A+ — 0.5 CREDITS
ENGLISH 10: A — 0.5 CREDITS
HISTORY 9: A- — 0.5 CREDITS
CHEMISTRY 9: B- — 0.5 CREDITS
CREATIVE WRITING: A+ — 0.5 CREDITS
US GOVERNMENT: B+ — 0.5 CREDITS

SEM. TWO CREDITS: 3.5

TOTAL CREDITS: 6.5
GPA: 4.2

"You were right! I passed Grace!" Ellie grinned happily. "So did you! C'mon, let's do a happy dance! Happy happy happy!" 

"Yes, we passed." I shook my head at the girl's excitement, chuckling to myself. "You basically aced everything -- except for art. But no one cares about art."

I was fully aware that the strength of the medicine Ellie was taking was making her completely and utterly loopy, but it still made me laugh to myself. The flu was hanging onto the poor girl, but at least now she would be able to rest and allow her body to recover. 

"Hey Ellie," I began, throwing my backpack over my shoulder as I turned to my best friend. "I spoke to Demi about Sully's game tonight, she --"

"Oh yeah, I know, I'm not allowed to go because I'm too sick or whatever. It's fine, I hope you have fun." Ellie didn't seem overly bothered as she pulled the last of her belongings from her locker, stuffing it into her bag with difficulty.

"I'm sorry. I won't go if you don't want me to." I said, feeling guilty. "Will you at least have a ride home if I do go?"

"Yeah! I can ask Maddie to take me home and worst-case scenario if she can't, I'll call Dallas."

Satisfied that my friend was going to be okay, I bid my goodbyes and made my way to the football field not far from the school, sitting up on the bleachers to wait for the game to start.

I spent the whole game screaming and cheering for Leon, who was surprised to see me apart from the brunette girl who was often attached to my hip. Nonetheless, he played well, but after being tackled to the group during the third quarter he was forced off the field by a knee injury.

"Where's your sidekick, SuperGrace?" Leon teased as he took off his football helmet, his spare hand holding a bag of ice to his knee.