Chapter Thirty-Two

DEMI'S POV

As we pulled up in the Disneyland carpark, Dallas had the giddiest smile on her face as if it were her first time here. I rolled my eyes as my older sister, who very maturely stuck her tongue out at me. Both Maddie and Ellie had fallen asleep during the car ride at some point, causing Dallas to have to be the one to wake them up, earning a slap from Maddie and a beautifully polite "Fuck off," from my daughter. I'm not even surprised to be completely honest. 

"Demi, tell Dallas to stop trying to wake me up!" Maddie grumbled angrily, Dallas clearly being the least favourite person in the car at the moment. 

"Dallas, I give you permission to wake both of the teenagers up, just be prepared to get beaten up."

"No fucking way, you do it! I already got kicked!" Dallas put her hands in the air as she climbed over the back seat and fell onto me, nearly kicking me in the face. Her whole body was contorted into a shape similar to that of a pretzel, making me laugh, poking her in the rib affectionately.

"I get you love me Dal, but you didn't need to —"

"Shut your face. I'm getting out the car now." Dallas announced as she opened my door, pulling herself out of the car before sticking her head back in. "I'll take Sam, and you get the girls up. I won't let her see anything, promise."

I nodded my head and unbuckled Sam as she excitedly flung herself into Dallas's arms, leaving me alone with the task of dragging two teenagers out of a car. This is gonna go well.

"Mads, Ellie, we're here, you've gotta wake up now." I cooed softly, earning a couple of groans from both of the girls.

"You're so fucking annoYING!" Ellie yelled, her face now buried in the pillow she had brought with her. 

"Geez, I thought you'd be nicer to me." I joked as I was reaching over to Maddie to shake her gently. My little sister blinked her eyes back open before flipping me off as she sat up, covering her mouth as a yawn escaped her lips.

"You know, just because you're my mother doesn't mean I'm gonna be any nicer to you. It just means I'm not gonna feel as bad when I swear at you than when I do at my aunt who loves me." Ellie spat jokingly as she pulled her body up, glaring at me with a death stare. 

"I love you!" I argued.

"If you really loved me, you wouldn't have woken me up."

I sighed, figuring that it was useless trying to argue with a couple of fifteen-year-olds. I just stayed in the car with them until they finally decided to get out, joining Dallas, Mom, Dad and Sam. Sam seemed much happier now that we were out of the car, a bright grin on her face as she jumped up and down while holding Dallas's hand, itching to know where we were and what we would be doing. Maddie linked arms with me as she leaned into my side, Ellie doing the same but to Eddie, who was loving the affection from Ellie — she usually didn't show much to anyone except me. 

On my signal, our group of seven walking toward the gates that would lead us into Disneyland. I kept staring at Sam, waiting for her reaction as the huge Disney signs came into our vision, Mickey and Minnie Mouse all over the place. She looked at me with the biggest smile I had ever seen, the excitement radiating off of her. 

"DISNEYLAND!" Sam squealed, tugging on Dallas's arm so that she could get there faster.

"Hold on babe," Dallas chuckled, turning towards me. "You got the tickets?"

"Wait, what?! I thought I gave you the tickets, Dallas!" I panicked, checking my pockets for the lump of paper that would get us all into the park. When I couldn't feel it in any of them, I began searching my bag, praying I had put them in there.