Chapter Forty-Nine

ELLIE'S POV

"You're getting good Ellie!" Demi tapped me on the shoulder one morning after we had gone to the gym for a dawn Brazillian Jujitsu session. Both of us had found ourselves unable to sleep during the night and had migrated to the gym where we had competed against each other to see who could run at the fastest speed for longest. My mother had won, but that didn't mean that she won our jujitsu battle as I had successfully pinned her down only a few minutes after we began. With Sam having a sleepover at Dallas's apartment, it left Demi and I free to leave the house at 5am, not returning until nearly 7:20am.

"Jujitsu's fun. It took me a while to properly get into it, but after a few lessons I got the hang of it." I mused, taking a sip of my water as Demi unlocked the front door, the paws of Batman and Cinderella visible on the window.

"Hey babies!" Demi cooed as she placed her water bottle down on the floor, collapsing beside it as she allowed the two dogs to clamber onto her and lick her face. "I missed you two!"

As soon as Cinderella noticed that I was there too, she practically launched herself off of Demi and onto my leg, her eyes begging me to pick her up and hold her. With her curly white body being bought into my arms, she finally seemed content, her head burying into me affectionately.

"Are you okay to go to school El? Neither of us have slept, and I don't think it's a good idea for you to go if you're overly tired or anything."

"I mean, I probably won't get anything done and I'll wind up getting in trouble for something if I do go." I shrugged, running my fingers through Ella's curly fur. I was thankful that instead of having to skip I was going to be able to stay at home where I was much more comfortable.

"Just stay home with me then. I don't have anything to do, Sam's getting dropped off at school and picked up by Dallas, so we can just have a girls day. How does that sound?"

As the pair of us walked into the kitchen to make ourselves breakfast, Demi stared at
me with a bright grin on her face.

"What?" I asked with a small smile, nervous as to what my mother was planning.

"If it's a girls day, we're missing three people." Demi announced, her grin growing wider if it were at all possible. "Madison, Selena and Marissa!"

"But mom, Mads has school," I chuckled lightly. "She won't cut school to hang out with us."

"No! I spoke to her last night and the sophomores have a day off! Some testing or something."

I shrugged gently as I popped a ripe strawberry into my mouth before pulling out my phone, texting the group chat that Selena had made a couple of months back when she decided she wanted to hang out with the little group we had formed into.

Ellie: our house, girls day. be there or be square

Madison: What? Now? It's like 7:30 in the morning, Ellie.

Ellie: hey it wasn't my idea attack your sister not me

Demi: how about we don't attack anyone

Madison: But it's my favorite pastime.

Demi: maybe you should get a life then

Madison: Stfu asshole

Demi: 😘

Selena: You two are actually ridiculous. But Mads has a point -- it's early, are you sure you want us this early?

Demi: whenever

Ellie: yay that means soon right

Madison: Oml Ellie

Ellie: i just miss you all!!!!! is that a crime??????