Chapter Thirteen

DEMI'S POV

I swear my heart stopped when Sam asked if she could call me mommy. It was like it was all hitting me at once — the fact that I was really a mother to two children. I wouldn't take it back in a heartbeat though — Ellie and Sam were my absolute everything. Of course, to have my girls call me their mommy was something I was 100% okay with — something I dreamed of almost. 

When I woke up the next morning, I just sat there and watched Sam for a moment. She was still fast asleep on my chest, her body rising and falling with each breath, making me smile widely. After a few seconds, I watched as her eyes slowly blinked open, staring me right in the face, her beautiful, piercing blue eyes filled with sleepiness.

"Hi baby," I greeted her. "Did you sleep well?" 

Sam nodded tiredly. "Mmhmm."

I brushed a piece of hair out of her face as she softly groaned the — light hurt her eyes. I quietly giggled at the girl, but she didn't seem to take any notice as her arm draped down beside me, her hand clutching the back of my pyjama top.

"Mommy?" Sam began, making my heart flutter for a second. "I fell asleep on you." 

"You did, didn't you Sammy," I responded, not being able to say much with my raspy morning voice. 

"Did I hurt you?" She asked, concerned. "Was I too heavy?"

"No, baby, not at all. I barely even noticed that you were there."

"Okay." My response calmed her worries as she rested her head back down on my chest, before giggling a few times. I gave her an inquisitive look, wondering what she found amusing.

"I can hear your heart mommy!" Sam chuckled, placing her ear back on my chest.

"Can you?" I asked with a grin. Sam nodded her head enthusiastically. 

"Uh huh! It goes thump, thump, thump!"

I didn't respond, only chuckled at Sam who was smiling still at the sound of my heart. 

"Hey Sam," I began, making her look up at me. "You know how you like it when I play with your hair?"

"Yeah?"

"I love it when you call me mommy."

"Good. Because I wanna call you mommy forwever."

"You can call me mommy for as long as you want, baby girl."

"Yay!"

It didn't take much longer for the two of us to be up, waiting for the rest of the house to wake up. I went to check on Ellie, who looked like she had been awake for hours already, her fingers busily typing away on her brand new computer.

She looked so peaceful. Her eyes were so fixated on what she was doing and her concentration was completely focused on the task at hand, so much so that she didn't notice me standing at the door. I made my presence known by knocking on the door lightly, causing her to jump a little before relaxing once she saw that it was me.

"Hey, Demi." Ellie greeted, her glance moving from me back to her laptop.

"Hey, Ellie Bellie Boo. Did you sleep?" 

"Don't call me that!" Ellie scrunched her nose up and groaned at the nickname. "And yeah, I slept for like two hours. I couldn't stay asleep though. I promise I tried."

I ignored the last part, simply because I knew what she was saying was true. "Come on, I like that nickname for you! It suits you perfectly!" I argued, a mischievous smirk on my face.