Chapter Thirty-Four

SAM'S POV

Today, Mommy was taking Ellie, Grace and I to the studio! I was so excited because sometimes when we went, Joey was there and he would play with me! But I knew today, even if Joey wasn't there, Grace and Ellie would keep me company.

"Mommy," I whined, kicked my feet around in the back seat of the car. "How much longer?!"

"Sam, we've been in the car for literally ten minutes!" Mommy laughed lightly as we pulled up at a stop light.

"Nine minutes too long." I groaned.

Finally, after a few more minutes, we pulled into the parking lot and all piled out, my feet pelting down on the concrete and into the building, not bothering to wait for everyone else as I knew I wouldn't get lost — I knew this place well now.

"Hi, Sandy!" I waved to the woman at the reception desk. "What studio is my Mommy in today?"

"Hi, Sam! She's in studio E today. Where is she?"

"Mommy and Ellie and Grace are being slowpokes. Tell them I went to see Oak in studio E."

"Okay sweetie," Sandy reached over the desk to give me a high five before I quickly scuttled off, running down the hall until I saw the letter E. I entered the studio and was greeted by Oak, who had a big smile on his face as usual.

He picked me up and immediately threw me on his shoulders, swinging himself around in circles causing a terrified yet amused giggle to escape my lips.

"Oak!" I squealed, clutching onto him for dear life. "That was mean!"

"Sorry Sam," He held onto my ankles now as he sat back down in his seat, clicking his mouse away as things popped up on his screen. "Where's your crazy momma?"

"She's coming." Before anything else could be said, Mommy, Ellie and Grace all entered the room. "See! Told you Oak!"

I launched myself off of Oak's shoulders and onto the ground before grabbing onto Grace's hand. Her hands were really cold!

"Grace, your hands are ice!"

Grace laughed halfheartedly, squeezing my hand even tighter. "Be careful I don't turn YOU into ice!"

"AHHHH!" I ran over to the other end of the studio where the little couch I usually sat on was as I hid behind a pillow.

"Sam, come on, calm down." Mommy snickered, causing me to come back over to the group with a pout.

"I was having fun!" I stomped my foot at my side, earning a look from my mommy who did not look impressed.

"You know how I feel about the foot stomping."

I was so angry at her! I just wanted to have fun, and she was ruining it! To make her even more annoyed, so she would understand how angry I was, I stomped both of my feet down on the ground and whined, hoping she would give in and let me play around again.

"Samantha Demetria Lovato, don't make me put you in timeout. We haven't even been here for five minutes yet. You're not like this when your sister isn't here, so don't act like this now that she is." Mommy crouched down in front of me as she spoke, but I refused to listen to her as I kept stamping my feet on the ground. I resorted to covering my ears with my hands to drown out her voice, before running off to the couch again to play. I didn't care what Mommy said — playing was fun!

"That's it, you're in time out." Mommy marched out towards me and grabbed my hand, dragging me out to the seat outside of the studio, in the hallway.

"No!" I whined, slapping her hand from mine so I could go back into the studio.

"Hey! No hitting!" Mommy yelled this time, meaning I was in big trouble. She only yelled when she was angry. "You sit here for ten minutes and then we'll talk, okay?"