Chapter Fifty-One

ELLIE'S POV

It all happened so fast. The crack of my fist colliding with Olivia's nose was like the thunder that rumbled just before a storm, and before anyone could react, the downfall came.

Voices went screaming across the room, arms flying everywhere as I felt Logan's arms wrap around my waist, pulling me away from attacking Olivia further. Without a second glance, I was pulled out of the room and into the hallway, Logan refusing to let go.

"Okay! Enough!"

I looked over to my right to see Olivia and her mother standing in the hallway too, only our principal keeping us apart.

"Ms Iverson, you can take your daughter home immediately. Given that this isn't the first time Olivia and Eleanor have had an altercation and I've had a teacher and two students come to me to tell me that your daughter initiated the argument, I'll be suspending your daughter until further notice." Ms Ryan announced. I felt myself silently cheering for the fact that someone had finally stood up for what was right and had come forward with the truth. "Your actions only moments ago were appalling Olivia. During your suspension you are to write an apology to Logan."

"Logan can kiss my ass."

"Respect, please! Go home and think about what you've done!"

"Whatever."

Just as the pair of them walked out of the office and through to the parking lot, my mother's figure was making her way in. The look of realization on her face as she passed Olivia and her mother was one that made my heart sink with guilt. As soon as her eyes met mine though, there was no disappointment or judgement graced upon her features anymore -- it was pure concern. She sped up the pace of her steps and hurried over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder worriedly.

"Ellie? Are you okay? What -- Logan!? Your cheek has a handprint on it!" Demi examined my face before moving to Logan, her thumb trailing over the gash on my forehead gently.

"Ms Lovato, if you could step into my office?"

Ms Ryan started by explaining the situation that had occurred today, with every detail that she knew. Demi seemed calm up until the subject of exactly what Olivia said to me came up.

"A student reported that Olivia told Eleanor that she would "ruin her life," called her a "worthless slut" and told her to kill herself." Ms Ryan couldn't get another word in as Demi'a jaw tightened, her anger evident.

"She what?" Demi exclaimed. "I'm sorry. but if this school is --"

"Ms Lovato, I assure you that this matter has been dealt with. Olivia has been suspended indefinitely. However, the fact that Eleanor did retaliate is one that needs to be addressed. Due to the school's zero-tolerance policy, I have no choice to suspend Eleanor for the rest of the week."

I wasn't complaining -- not one bit. Time off school was something I don't think I would ever pass up. Just as I thought the meeting would be over and I would finally be able to go home, it seemed that I was wrong - so, so wrong.

"Ms Lovato, I don't know if you've been made aware already, but I need to bring up the fact that Eleanor's attendance has dropped significantly in the last few months." Ms Ryan began, her gaze shifting over to me. It was at this point that I wished Logan hadn't left to go and see the nurse, that she could maybe somehow cover for me and convince everyone that I wasn't skipping.

"Has it?" My mother's tone had changed. As she looked over to me, all I saw was the disappointment in her eyes. "Ellie? Care to explain?"

"Not really." I replied curtly, resting my head on the wall beside me.