Chapter 2 -The Journey-

I'm sorry for the delay. I had to study for the exams and it took more time than I thought...

"My love, it's time to get up," Carlisle softly whispered into my ear and put a strand of my hair behind my ear. I grumbled and kept my eyes closed. He didn't say anything, but a second later I felt him kissing down my neck and caressing my hair with his hand. He then moved up to my cheek and then kissed me on the lips. A smile formed on my lips and I slowly opened my eyes. "Good morning, sleeping beauty," he chuckled.

He hovered over me and was just inches away. I leaned up and kissed him. He softly put me on his lap and held me there while kissing. "As much as I enjoy this, I really do, we must get ready. We should leave in an hour," he murmured. I nodded and kissed him several times, making him laugh. I smiled and got unsteadily out of his lap. Walking over to our closet, I yawned and was still so sleepy that I swerved a bit. I rubbed my eyes and looked through the racks of clothes. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a hoodie for the flight; after all it only mattered how comfortable it was. With the things I walked past Carlisle, out of the bedroom and directly into the bathroom to take a shower.

When I walked out of the bathroom all ready, I saw Alice and Jasper waiting for me. Jasper smirked and Alice was smiling at me. "What is up with you two?" I laughed. 

"I can't wait for you to start the journey, I saw how much you will all enjoy it," she said. Jasper walked forward and laid his arms around her small form. 

"I can't wait either," I smiled and hugged them close.

"Look at our sleepy head," Carlisle chuckled and walked out of the nursery. Carlie was swaddled in a pink blanket in Carlisle's arms. She had her eyes closed while she rested her head on Carlisle's shoulder. Her hand touched Carlisle's neck. He reached down and kissed her hair. I walked over to them and caressed Carlie's back; she didn't react though, as she was fast asleep. 

"Is she showing you something?" I asked him. 

"I don't know if she does it on purpose, but she is dreaming about us." 

"What are we doing?" I asked curiously. 

"We are playing tag with her," he smiled. I smiled at that.

"Good morning...or night," Rose greeted us as she walked out of their bedroom, right behind her was Emmett. He had one of his mischievous grins on his face. 

"Rather night, I would say," I said and hugged Rose lightly. 

"Everything packed and ready?" she asked with a wink. 

"At least twice checked, so yes," I laughed. 

"Then you're ready to spend a perfect week on Isle Esme," she laughed. 

"Oh yes," I replied.

Carlisle wrapped his free arm around my waist. "We should get going now, we still have to drive two hours to Boston," he said. 

"Okay," I said with a sigh and we all walked downstairs. Carlisle grabbed the diaper bag and I took mine and Carlie's jacket and my purse. Our four children stood in a row near us, waiting with a smile. "Okay, I hope you will enjoy a week without us and have the place all for yourselves, but please... behave. Emmett, no football or any kind of sports in the house and especially no wrestling and don't say anything, it has all happened before," I said seriously. 

"I promise," he grinned. 

"Okay, then," I smiled and hugged them.

"Wait, the others don't get any rules?" Emmett asked. 

"They are first of all behaving normally and second they know the rules," I laughed. 

"Okay," he sighed and walked forward to give me a hug.