Chapter 69 -A Beautiful Ending To A Horrid Time...-

I am so sorry that I took nearly a month or even longer (?) to update any of my stories. I had a bad case of a writer's block and I am still trying to get out of it with every of my stories. I'm already working on Prisoner of Memory and two new chapters for The Cullen Playlist. I hope it won't take so long to update anymore... Again, I'm very sorry! I still hope you like this chapter! :)

"Have you picked up Haven's medicine from the pharmacy?" I asked as Carlisle put all of Haven's things into a bag in the hospital room. Haven cooed in his crib and I smiled at him and he instantly grabbed my finger. 

"Yes, they are already in here. Are you missing anything? I think I have everything in here," Carlisle replied. 

"No..." I said reluctantly and looked around in the room to be sure. "I think we are finally ready," I smiled and Carlisle's answering smile was dazzling. 

"No! Where is my bunny?" Carlie chimed in and looked under the chair and around the room. 

"You mean this little guy?" Carlisle asked amused and pulled Carlie's plush rabbit out of the bag. Carlie smiled broadly and cuddled him close at once. I smiled at the two as Carlisle swept her up into his arms and smothered her face with kisses, smiling the entire time. "Daddy," Carlie giggled and tried to keep his face away with her palm and leaning out of his arms, but she enjoyed her father's attention as well that much was quite clear. 

"Who is going home now?" I cooed to Haven and lifted him out of the crib and kissed his button nose and cheeks. Haven wiggled in my arms and gave me a toothless grin. "Yes, we are going home!" I answered and grinned as well. "We are going home," I sang and slowly swayed him from side to side in my arms. "Do you like that, sweetheart?" I asked and he observed me minutely it seemed. Then he smiled and squealed and his hands started to glow. "Happy little man," I laughed and lifted him up into the air and the answering giggles made me glow out of happiness as well. I cooed and gave him an Eskimo kiss, before I lifted him into my arms properly.

I sighed happily and laid Haven back into his crib to get him into his jacket. I looked around to find it, but then the jacket was nearly in my face all of a sudden. I looked slightly up and saw into Carlisle's grinning face. I smirked and took it from him. Carlie giggled at our exchange and leaned down in Carlisle's arms to touch Haven's crib. His attention was averted from me at once and he only observed his big sister. She smiled at him and he did the same. Suddenly he stretched to reach for her hand and laid his over hers. Carlie giggled in response and did so even more when he started to glow again. Her chime-like laughter filled the room and Carlisle and I exchanged a look. We both smiled and held hands as we watched our children. Carlie's hand started to glow eventually as well, but Haven let go of her hand then and her skin color returned to normal just in a few seconds. I instantly wondered what would happen if the contact lasted longer... 

"Good morning, happy parents and children," Robert greeted us cheerfully as he walked into the room with a big smile. I turned around and Carlisle at once hugged me close with his free arm. Carlie threw glances in Haven's direction, who was lying behind us now in his crib. 

"I see you finally slept longer than a few hours," I winked and hugged him lightly. 

"Oh, yes, my wife forced me to on my free day," he grinned and lightly laid his hand on my back as I let go of him.

Carlie wanted down then and as soon as Carlisle had sat her on her feet, Carlie was at Robert's feet and reached her arms up with a dazzling smile. His features softened even more then and he picked her up at once. "Hi, darling," he smiled and rocked her slightly. Carlie sighed and cuddled to him. Carlisle and I both exchanged a surprised look. Carlie was very shy with strangers and overall she was rather the timid type, but here she was, hugging Robert, a man she rarely knew. Robert watched her with a smile as Carlie's curiosity got the best of her and she had found his stethoscope around his neck.