Chapter 1 -Beautiful Days-

Hello everyone! This is the third part of Carlisle and Esme's story! :) A week has passed after the proposal and they are preparing for their trip to Isle Esme with Carlie... I hope you'll like it!

"Do you have the sun cream?"

"Yes"

"Carlie's sun hat and sandals?"

"Yes"

"Have you also packed warm clothes just in case?"

"Yes, it's all in here," Carlisle laughed.

"I want to be prepared for everything, so don't laugh. We are away for a whole week, so we should check whether everything is there," I defended myself. Carlisle smiled and got up from the ground of Carlie's nursery and hugged me.

"Don't worry so much. We will have a full week of relaxing and having fun stretching in front of us..." he murmured and kissed my temple. I sighed happily and the stress fell off of me.

"I'll give my best," I smiled and turned around to him and laid my head on his chest. He chuckled and laid his arms around me.

"So, we've checked the luggage twice now, I think everything is ready for tomorrow," Carlisle said while he rubbed my back.

"Yeah, at least that is taken care of. You already packed the tickets and our passports, right?"

"Yes, it's all in your purse already."

"Okay," I sighed and closed my eyes for a second.

"Carlie, stop!... No, don't!! ... Carlie!" We heard Rose and Bella's voice from downstairs.

I looked up at Carlisle and he looked just as confused as I did. What had she done? Carlisle took my now healed right hand and led us downstairs. There was first giggling and then Carlie ran through the hall right into the garden followed seconds later by Bella and Rose. All three of them were running quite fast, faster than humanly possible. We were standing on the last step of the stairs and didn't really know what to make of it.

Then Nessie came walking into the hall from the kitchen. "What is wrong with Carlie?" I asked her.

"Nothing much. She has paint all over her hands because Mom and Aunt Rose have... Ehm let's just say done something for you with her. But now she refuses to get cleaned up," Renesmee told us. Her statement was followed by another round of giggling from Carlie as she ran around the garden.

I stepped down the last step and then walked over to the garden. "Is it so hard to catch her?" I asked incredulously as I watched her running around in the garden.

"She is quite fast and I don't think the two want to hurt her accidently," Carlisle told me. He was standing next to me in the door frame.

"Carlie, stop! Come on..." Rose pleaded with her, but she only giggled.

"Carlie Rose Cullen, you are coming here this instant!" I called. She stopped in her tracks at once and looked shocked at me. I thought she hadn't seen me and didn't think I would be in hearing range. Bella nearly ran into Rose as Carlie stopped so suddenly.

Carlie recovered and then ran over to me. She didn't look at me though. I kneeled down in front of her and took her into my arms. She looked at me guiltily. "If your sisters are telling you something, then you should listen, sweetheart. And look at you, you have red paint all over your hands and clothes, and even your face! It's time for a bath, missy," I told her.

"We're sorry, Carlie can be just as stubborn at times," Rose said but without any reproach or anger in her voice. She was just smiling at her.

"No problem, she cannot always behave, right?" I laughed and Carlie looked at me tentatively as I still smiled at her. When she noticed my smile she returned it happily with a broad smile. She reached her hand out and touched my cheek with her palm. Carlie told me sorry through her touch. It was definitely stronger than if she had said it out loud, of which she was capable as well. "It's fine," I whispered and kissed her cheek. She sighed and laid her head on my shoulder.