Chapter 78 - Part 1: - Focus on Breathing -

This video was my inspiration for the first part of Esme's bachelorette party along with nearly impossible instructions for yoga poses that were shown at the train station the other day :D  I hope you like it!

"Breathe in... and... out... Inhale... Exhale... Close your eyes and once more. Breathe in... and... out... Feel the peace spread in the center of your body. Inhale... Exhale... Concentrate only on your breathing. Inhale... Exhale... Move your hands together close to your heart. Shoulders down. Keep your eyes closed. Create a steady base. Focus on your breathing. Inhale... Exhale...Focus on your intention and take deep breaths. Now open your eyes and start to..."

I took a quick peek at Alice and then Emmett and Jasper. This was not what I had expected when the girls had taken all of us to Rio for my bachelorette party. Yoga for advanced students... The yoga instructor, Sonya, was totally focused on her breathing, her eyes closed as she guided us through the poses. She was an enthusiastic Brazilian young woman, who definitely had a great passion for yoga and loved to make us breathe just right... I couldn't quite concentrate on her. Why even bother with the even breaths? The sound of panflutes, chirping of birds and water falling suffused the room while the entire room was held in warm and light colors.

"Inhale... And exhale..."

Carlie, Haven and Renesmee were at home with Jacob and Seth, who seemed to be the only ones knowing why they rather stayed at home than to join us. Everyone else was with me here and doing yoga in some way... I peeked again at Alice and saw that she had her eyes closed and a peaceful smile played on her lips as she followed the instructions to the breathing exercises. A quick peek to my right only confirmed that Rose was just as focused. Emmett and Jasper though had a hard time keeping themselves from bursting out in laughter, but especially Jasper tried his hardest not to attract Alice's attention.

"Focus on your breathing... Inhale...and exhale..."

Carlisle was standing to my left and he was just as focused as Alice and Rose were, which surprised me a bit, though even after 88 years you do learn new sides of your partner. But I had to admit he had the tendency to take a liking to yoga. I bit on my lip to keep from giggling as I watched him. At once a smirk appeared on his face as a tiny giggle left my lips. His eyes opened half-way and he peeked at me. We both could have started laughing, but he bit on his bottom lip as well. I did like his outfit very much; it left little to the imagination with regard to his muscular chest and it really made him look like a yoga instructor all in white and beige himself the way he exuded the same peacefulness and serenity. I smiled at him before I tried my best to focus on our instructor instead of everything else.

"Now we will start with Ustrasana. Get down to your knees on your mat and don't forget to focus on your breathing. This pose is all about opening your heart and embracing the feeling. So, slowly lean your upper body back, grab your ankles and open your heart."

This wasn't that difficult to do. I looked at Bella, being directly to my right, and she smiled relieved as well. Until now we were fine, but Alice had said something about an advanced course after all... Emmett had a lot of fun making fun of Edward as he did the pose, though he was in the same position. Edward only looked unnerved, but relaxed when Bella smiled at him. Carlisle was just his serene self as he was probably the only one, apart from Alice and Rose, who focused on the breathing part. But they had invited me to this so that I could relax better and I tried my best to focus. The poses could bring it on, they couldn't be that difficult.

"And again... Back up and slowly reach back again to your ankles. Great, guys! Now to the more elaborate pose that you will surely master just perfectly. It's important that you don't forget your breathing exercises. Come back to the former position and shift your weight forward. Inhale..."