Chapter 87 - The Beginning of Our Forever: Part 2 -

It was a beautiful setting at the beach of Isle Esme. The family had created a dance floor right on the beach that was encircled by white, almost see-through, silk tulle curtains and millions of twinkle lights to give the setting a romantic and intimate touch. Around the dance floor were the tables for the guests for the reception decorated with candles and flowers perfectly fitting to the wedding color scheme. The wedding couple had its own table close to the dance floor which was visible from all tables so that speeches were possible. It was still light outside despite the fact that the sun has already set when Esme and Carlisle made their way to their guests after taking photos with Alice. The guests cheered when the wedding couple came into sight. Esme snuggled closer to Carlisle with a dreamy smile and he smiled brilliantly as he hugged her close around the shoulders.

Both said down on their designated spaces, Carlie sitting on her father's lap. Edward sat right next to Carlisle with Bella and Rosalie sat next to Esme with Haven cradled in her arms. The rest of the family trailed in and sat down as well.

"Are you hungry?" Carlisle asked as the waiters brought the first course. Esme wanted to shook her head, but her stomach growled and both laughed. "I guess I got my answer." Esme punched his shoulder, but at the same time leaned up to kiss him. Carlisle sighed and held her secured to him with his hands on her cheeks.

"Keep some of the action for the wedding night," Emmett said under his breath and earned a prompt slap against his head by Rosalie. "Ouch..." Esme interrupted the kiss to look at her son with such happiness in her sparkling eyes that Emmett forgot his next remark and smiled affectionately at his mother. Rosalie smirked at her big teddy bear of a husband and cuddled close to his chest. He was a romantic, he just didn't want to admit it, Rosalie thought and closed her eyes with a smile. Emmett hummed satisfied as he wound his arms around her, also smiling affectionately at his little brother, who was fast asleep in Rosalie's arms.

Carlie wobbled with excitement with all that had happened and was still happening. She had never been at such a huge event before, but her parents thought that she was absolutely at ease and enjoyed having so many people around and she wasn't even tired yet which amazed Carlisle and Esme, too. "I'm hungry, too," Carlie announced and looked up as the waiters came with several dishes.

"We will eat now, sweetheart and then we will dance," Esme told her daughter with as smile. Carlie fell back against Carlisle's chest and sighed theatrically, making her parents laugh.

"The first course, California greens with poached pear, toasted pistachio, cranberries, gorgonzola cheese and raspberry vinaigrette dressing," the waiter said and placed it on Esme's and Carlisle's places before presenting the same to the rest of the guests. Carlie's expression was priceless when she saw the dish that looked more like a piece of art than something to eat. Esme toppled over in laughter and took Carlie into her arms.

"Can I eat that?" she asked skeptically, raising an eyebrow as she pointed to the plate.

"You could, it's eatable, but the waiter is bringing you and your friends your own plate just in case you don't like it," Carlisle explained with an amused smirk. Esme took a forkful and tried it first to show Carlie that it was delicious and she then wanted to try, too. Esme put a bit on her fork and fed it to her daughter. Carlie's face contorted and she shivered at the taste of the gorgonzola cheese. Carlisle already held a napkin ready, but Carlie swallowed it bravely and instantly took her cup into her hands to take a big gulp of water.

"I want my own food," Carlie said and shivered once more. Her family, who had seen the reaction laughed lightly. Just then the waiter arrived with a plate of a variety of fruits presented with vanilla sauce and arranged in a rainbow with whipped cream clouds. She smiled at the waiter thankfully and wanted him to take the other plate with him, but Esme stopped her.