Chapter 60 -Happy Reunions... Sad Reunions-

"We're back in Washington," Edward grinned as he walked out of the cockpit.

"Good job," Emmett laughed and clapped Edward's shoulder.

"I can already see Robert," Carlisle smiled as he looked out the window. I looked over his shoulder and saw him as well. He stood in front of his car, leaning against the driver's side.

"Now we just have to get the sleepy heads out," Emmett grinned.

"I don't think that it will be a problem. Robert can only take four people maximum with him to the hospital anyway," Edward reasoned.

"Can I come?" Rosalie begged at once. I nodded with a smile and she walked over to me and Carlisle with open enthusiasm, because she would meet Carlie soon. I was just a nervous bundle at the moment, of course I was happy to see my daughter, but also so anxious for Haven...

"Someone else?" Carlisle asked.

"I'd like to come," Alice asked.

"Then off we go. We'll meet at the hospital?" Carlisle asked and Edward and Bella nodded.

"I think we still have a few cars in the garage here," Edward replied and Jasper nodded. "We will bring Seth, Leah and Jacob to the Res and then will drive directly to the hospital." I nodded and with a deep sigh took my bag and climbed down the stairs after Carlisle.

He held his out for me and then for our two girls as well, though they didn't need the support with their perfect balance. I felt the tiredness as soon as I had to walk and swerved a bit from side to side, so that Rosalie at once held me steady. "You should have slept longer than an hour in the plane," Alice glared at me playfully.

"I know," I sighed. A gust of the ice cold wind hit us then and I shivered. "Does someone have my jacket?" I asked, my teeth chattering.

"Just a sec," Carlisle said and was gone. "Sorry," he apologized with a sheepish smile and helped me into my jacket. I shivered and closed the jacket as quickly as possible. Robert squinted and walked forward to see if it was us, but there weren't that many planes landing here at Forks Airport and not this early anyway. I waved nonetheless and he did the same enthusiastically. We met halfway and Carlisle hugged him lightly.

"Esme," he smiled and hugged me gently. His brown eyes showed his gentle nature, but also how exhausted and tired he was. The shadows under his eyes looked unhealthy for a human... His dark blond hair was disheveled from the wind and as I looked at him closer as Carlisle introduced him to our daughters, I also noticed that he was nearly the exact height as Carlisle.

"Nice to meet you," Alice smiled and with her for us usual openness hugged him. Rosalie was a bit more reserved, but smiled nonetheless.

"Then let's go. Haven's state is stable at the moment, I checked with the nurse half an hour ago," Robert told us as we walked over to the car.

The car ride to the Forks Municipal Hospital wasn't long, but it seemed like an eternity for me. I wanted nothing more than to see my children again. Just as we stopped on the oh so familiar parking lot of the hospital, Robert's pager went off. He sighed and looked at it. "It's an emergency. The ER is crazy this morning," he groaned and got out of the car. "I'm really sorry. I'll try to come as soon as I can."

"No problem. We'll find our way," Carlisle smiled. Robert smiled and with a last wave, jogged into the hospital. "Well, then we are on our own," he sighed and took my hand.

"This walk will be easier than the last time in Forks. This time we will welcome our children," I told him with a soft smile. He returned the gesture and kissed me quickly.