Chapter 84 - The Morning of the Wedding -

Marriage is the golden ring in a chain whose

beginning is a glance and whose ending is Eternity.

~ Kahlil Gibran ~

~ the sunset in the background ~ white rose petals floating down ~ his glorious, loving, awed smile ~ clutching the cold arm in nervousness ~ the piano plays ~ the guests smile, cheer ~ the warm sand under the soles of her feet ~ the soft ocean breeze ~ the last warm sunrays ~ him, only ever him... ~

The morning of the wedding...

Esme woke up in an ocean of rose petals. White and red ones covered the bed covers, the pillows and the blankets, everything. A happy and dreamy smile involuntarily appeared on her features and she sat up in bed to gather handfuls of petals in her palms and smelled their sweet scent. Two white petals dared to float down from the canopy and brushed her cheek before they fell right on her lap. Esme bit on her bottom lip and giggled with the enthusiasm and joy of a child on Christmas. The thought alone that Carlisle must have sneaked into the room to surprise her in the morning made her even happier. Esme gathered a handful of petals and let them rain down on her again while she laughed overjoyed. Only after a moment did she notice her daughters and Bella standing in the doorframe with an amused smile. Esme waved with a big grin and got up from the bed swiftly.

"Where do we start?" she asked excitedly and made all three laugh. Bella held up a long list and smirked.

-}0{-

"Nessie, could you give these to Julie? Those are the flower hair bands for Olivia and Isla." Alice looked at Renesmee and presented a small open box that contained two hair bands of white freesias. Renesmee looked up from sitting on the ground of Alice's bedroom and got up swiftly to take the box. She looked at them curiously and then nodded.

"Where is mine?" she asked curiously. Alice smiled at her little niece and pointed to the bed where another two boxes stood. "And when will I try on my dress?" Renesmee was so excited and giddy to be one of the flower girls that she could hardly sleep that night and since she had woken up she had been talking about nothing else.

"Sweetie, as soon as Grandma is ready. I really don't want the dresses to get dirty. We don't have a replacement. Carlie gets to wear it later on, too." Renesmee sighed, but nodded and danced out of the room to get to Julie.

"How is it going?" Alice asked as she walked into hers and Rosalie's immense closet. Esme tried to look at her daughter at once, but that wasn't a great idea as Rosalie was just working on her hair which resulted in a small cry of pain of the bride and a frustrated sigh of Rose. "Great I see," Alice smirked and leaned against the vanity to watch the two.

"Esme keeps dozing off," Rosalie grinned and nudged Esme's shoulder.

"That's not true! I am thinking, there's a difference," she defended herself. Alice and Rosalie nodded with a smirk.

"Sure."

"But the bride is allowed to dream. Just be awake when you walk to the altar," Alice winked at her. Esme sighed, but smiled to herself and leaned back in her comfy chair. She was still wearing her blush pink satin morning gown while she already wore the bridal lingerie beneath it. The first hours of the morning had been spent getting Esme into a relaxed mood with a bubble bath, followed by several treatments that would make any spa jealous. Esme closed her eyes as Rosalie set to work to get her hair into a very loose braided side French braid. She could think of nothing but seeing Carlisle at the beach. In each day dream, Carlisle looked slightly different with another outfit, but the main feature remained: his dazzling smile. How nervous she felt as she saw the scene in her mind and yet so giddy with excitement that she could laugh and sing the entire time. She wanted to do nothing else than just walk down that aisle now to embrace Carlisle and have him close. It had only been hours since she had seen him last, but she already missed him. She bit on her lip with a smile as she considered sneaking out for a moment to see him. That wouldn't go too well with her daughters though... Alice noticed everything...