Chapter 86 - The Beginning of Our Forever: Part 1-

Lined up at the house were Rosalie, Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Bella, Renesmee and Carlie, forming an aisle to the actual aisle

Esme looked up to her son with a smile before she let go of his arm and walked over to Rosalie, who was the first in line. Edward smiled at her and then walked over to Bella, cuddling his wife close.

"You look truly beautiful today," Rosalie murmured and gave Esme a gentle hug, a soft smile playing on her lips the entire time.

"Thank you," Esme whispered and hugged her oldest daughter just a bit closer.

"But I am not only here to give you compliments. I also have the something borrowed part." Rosalie smirked and revealed a small red velvet box. She opened it and revealed a rose gold ring with a deep red garnet as the centerpiece and several white and chocolate diamonds around it in lines, the sides were each engraved with a miniature lion, just like the one from the Cullen crest. Esme took a deep breath and then smiled at Rose.

"It's the ring I gave you to your first birthday with us." Rose nodded with a smile and put it onto Esme's right ring finger.

"Garnet is my birthstone. You wanted me to feel at home, that I finally had a family again and I have treasured the ring all this time. And now I want you to wear it at the wedding as a token of good luck and love." Esme looked closer at the ring and then gave Rosalie another hug.

"I love you, Rose," she whispered.

"I love you, too, Mom." Rosalie let go of Esme and handed her over to Alice, who was standing right next to her.

"I did know why I used waterproof makeup," Alice joked as she saw Esme's tear-stricken face. Esme shook her head in amusement, but couldn't keep herself from hugging her daughter close for long.

"We have the something new part," Jasper whispered as Alice and Esme parted.

"I already gave you the garter, but we thought another gift that you could wear later on would be a good idea," Alice laughed. Jasper hugged his wife close and both presented a box to Esme, too. Esme took it with shaking fingers and opened the lid. There was a filigree necklace inside. The necklace itself was thin and the focus clearly lay on the pendant. It was a heart that consisted purely of diamonds, arranged in delicate and beautiful flower pattern, as well as of a round diamond in the middle.

"The names of all of us are engraved in the back," Jasper explained and took the necklace out of the box to put it around Esme's neck. She turned back around and Alice and Jasper smiled. "It fits perfectly." Esme smiled and hugged both close with a deep sigh.

"I'm really glad that you used that waterproof makeup," Esme joked, brushing another tear away.

"That was it concerning gifts though," Alice winked. Esme let go of both and hugged Emmett close.

"We'll see each other at the altar in a few minutes," he murmured with a grin, but lifted Esme suddenly up and hugged her close like a teddy bear. Esme laughed and held herself steady with her hands on his shoulders.

"I can't wait for your speech," Esme laughed and gave Emmett a kiss on the cheek. Both grinned at each other like small children before they started to laugh whole-heartedly.

"It will be epic!" Slowly, Emmett let Esme down on her bare feet and by now Esme blindly accepted the hugs and rejoiced of having all her loved ones around her before the ceremony. Bella was next and hugged her close.

"You are perfect together," Bella murmured with a small smile. "Thank you for making me part of this family. I couldn't imagine it any other way anymore." Esme smiled at her daughter-in-law.