33. a beauty & sin

Start from the beginning

Jonah's pov

I tell Jack I needed to use the bathroom but that was a lie. I hide under the stairs waiting to hear her voice. "lucy, oh my god" my heart beat races, I hear her grunt "I've missed you so much" Jack gushes, she let's out a small laugh, I feel my heart flutter "I've missed you too" her voice sounded so angelic to hear it again. "wow, you look.." he hesitates "i don't know how to describe it, mature and beautiful" I become a tad jealous but ignore it, "thanks.. and you look cute" the jealousy comes back, I hear silence. It sounded like someone was whispering. "it was really nice to meet you all, you have a lovely home" I quickly lean against the wall so she won't see me. She walks past me, the first I've seen of her in the last 3 months. Her beautiful hair was much longer than she normally had it, the side of face I seen was light up. She looked happy, but I could still see the awkwardness she had on her face. She knew I was here, she probably didn't want to run into me and I don't blame her. I was too nervous to see her too, I mean I'm hiding under stairs.

I gave it a few seconds before walking out into the living room, I met eyes with daniel. The tension between us just continued to grow, I don't hate daniel. in fact I'm grateful for him, he kept her all put together after we ended things. No one was really there for me, I feel like I'm still grieving but seeing the glimpse of her today didn't help much. Deep in my heart, I know that's it's over but I don't want to believe it. I sit down on the couch besides jack, "how is she?" I whisper, I look up at Daniel "amazing" he answered, I nod. I move my attention to the tv, I felt corbyns eyes. "do you guys mind informing us?" I shake my head "maybe when it doesn't hurt anymore" I feel myself shake, I quickly get up. I didn't want to cry let alone infront of them, "Daniel can." my voice cracks. I leave the room, I run up the stairs and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, I didn't like what i saw. I felt different, I didn't feel like myself. it's so hard to be yourself when the person who shaped you to the way you are was gone. She was the person who brought out the good in me, the happiness and love. I thought I could find myself again, I thought I could do this without her but seeing her today made me realise how difficult it's been lately.

Daniels pov

"Daniel can" he quickly leaves the room, I could hear the pain in his voice. All of their eyes were on me, I explain to them everything. The letters, the feelings, the memories and the difficult tasks Lucy's been trying to conquer without him, I didn't know much on Jonah's side but I know it hurt him just as much as it hurt lucy. I've been Lucy's rock since then, but I'm no jonah. that's who she needs, not me but I'm really trying.

"i wish it was easier" I remember her telling me, she was quiet all night. She called me, witha raspy voice "please come here" she had been crying, I came to comfort her. She never said anything. She looked so confused and sad, that was when I realise she needed him more than she realised. They were hooked together as if they were twins, they needed each other to survive. But I'll have to admit they're both triving without one another but theres still those feelings and those memories that will be there forever rather they get together or not. That's what the two of them want to believe, they want to forget it all but they won't and that's what they're scared of. One glimpse, one touch and everything they have ever felt comes rushing back. That's the beauty and sin of love.

💭

im so so sorry I haven't updated this, I have had writers block like a bitch

Also the pic changes a lot so sorry about that too