Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Liam, Noah had just burned my pack to the ground. I still had feelings for him. That was a goodbye kiss knowing I was going to be Queen and taken away from him. Honestly you think I would have predicted being the mate to a overpowered King?" I snapped.

He had no right to say I did him wrong to something that happened in the past without him in the picture.

"Fine" his personality switched again, I'm assuming back to Damien.

He got up angry still. I have to convince him I only care for him or he might go off again. I don't want him going back to the way he was before the marking. I grabbed his hand making him stay, he only snatched out of my grip.

"Don't be like this. I only care about you...you know that" 

"It just hurts a little...that's all" I frowned actually feeling a little guilty.

God stop it Claire. He's a bad person!

"I'm sorry..."  he shook his head looking away from me.

He was silent for a bit. His silence scared me. Please don't turn into Noah. Please don't turn into Noah.  I let out a breathe, noticing he didn't turn.

"Go upstairs. It's been a long day" his voice was stern.

Something I didn't get from Liam who was always rather sweet. I turned on my heel, going upstairs like he said.

~

When I got out of the shower and got dressed I entered back into our room. Damien had his back to me. He stood there being very tense. He must be on a mind link. I sighed starting to brush out my wet hair, patting it dry with the towel.

I shivered at how cold it was. Thats the only reason I want to stay werewolf. Just to control how warm I was. I saw him move out of the corner of my eye. Why was he guilty? I've learned to decipher which feelings he had. Now he was guilty but..for what?

He turned to me and frowned staring at me. "What's on your mind?"

"Don't worry about it" he said bluntly.

He walked to the door shutting off the light making the room dark. The only thing that lit up the room was the moonlight that came from the window. I could see him start to slip off his shirt getting ready for bed. I still looked away as his hands went to his pants.

I heard them fall to the floor. I laid down getting under the covers, sighing in content as they provided my body with little heat. I then turned away from him feeling him get on the bed.

He chuckled lightly, pulling the covers over himself as well.

"What?" I felt his arms go around my waist making me tense.

He pulled me closer to him, towards the middle of the bed. His warmth was just radiating onto me.

"I've seen you naked. Yet you look away when I'm still in my boxers" he was close to my ear.

He sent shivers down my spine. I blushed, thank god he can't see me.

"So?"

"Don't you ever get curious?" I'm not doing this.

I pushed him off of me, getting out of bed. I turned on the side lamp so I can see him. I stood there, crossing my arms at him. Axel was still there, but frowning at me.

"I thought I hurt you...with the whole virginity thing"

"You did. But let's get past that" I continued to stare at him, his messy hair dropping over his eyes.

My eyes flickered down to his chest to his abs then... stop it Claire.

"I'll take an experienced woman any day"

"What makes you think your getting anything from me?" He growled his eyes glowing more.

"You're mine" my eyes rolled as I shut off the light, going back into the bed.

He hummed as I kept my back to him getting back under the covers. His arms wrapped around me once again, he snuggled into me completely. I gulped adjusting myself in his arms then let out a breathe.

"Axel...?" He hummed in response, responding to me. "I-I'm still expected to give you a child...aren't I?"

He moved his nose out of the crook of my neck, putting his chin there. "There's no rush"

"So we have to..." I stopped my sentence feeling something get caught in my throat.

"Are you that scared of me?" I stayed silent, staying still. "Claire..."

"We do an act Axel. An act for the cameras. We've been doing it all week. But now it's starting to get serious. I know werewolves move on fast once they get their mates and we have known each other for almost three months. But we do it as an act. It's all an act"

"Us being mates isn't an act"

"But the affection is an act. Being in love is an act. It's all fake and thinking about having sex, having children...scares me"

"It's not an act to me. Not since the marking"

"You're lying. I know your lying. Your just going to use me"

"I am not. I promise" I stayed silent.

Don't let him get to you. Don't let him.

"Love...do you think I would do that to you? Rather, let them do that to you?" I moved out of his arms to face him, the moonlight just barely lighting up Liam's face.

"I'm scared it's all a lie" my voice came out in whisper.

Then the tear came down. Come on emotional Claire your letting him win. Hesitantly he reached out and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"I swear on my life it's not. Please trust me. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what they have done" I closed my eyes then turned away from him again. I shuddered, bring the covers closer to me.

"I love you Claire. For fuck sakes I love you"