"Well, nothing would have happened, if you and Klaus hadn't sworn me to secrecy." He was dodging her words, another indication that she was indeed right.

She nodded to herself, walking down the sidewalk with confidence. "Well, life's full of ifs, Stefan. I know that better than anyone. But let's accentuate the positives, shall we?" She paused for dramatic effect. "The hunter was one of five; we'll find another. It may take centuries, but we are all immortal so we got time right?"

There wasn't an answer for a little while, making her observe her nails in boredom. "You're using your calm voice today. Who's getting killed?"

Melody laughed again, tossing her head back as she let herself bask in the irony of his words. If only he knew. "No one you should be worried about and why would I tell you if I planned on killing someone, hm?" Then she gasped fakely. "Oh dear, the hallucinations have started to plague your beloved, haven't they?"

Silence again. Her smirk came back instantly as she playfully jumped over the crack in the sidewalk, almost to the house, just a few more paces. Stefan didn't sound very surprised when he did reply. "What do you know about that?"

"I'll tell you if you are nice to me. I don't want my feelings to get hurt." She turned and walked up to her door. "Where are you?"

"I'm at her house."

She gasped again, placing a hand on her chest. "Wow, so am I! We must be soulmates, the world is bringing us together, Stefan." Then she hung up the phone, knocking on the door as she pocketed her device, arms crossed over her chest. Stefan opened the front door and walked outside, past her. Melody rose an eyebrow but turned around, following him to the walkway that led to the stairs to get onto the porch.

"Aren't you going to invite me into Elena's beautiful home? I mean, I don't need an invitation but I assume that with the recent havoc I caused that you have found some way to keep me out." He stared and the corners of her lip quirked up. She was right again.

Stefan once again dodged her words, wanting to know what she did. "It's bad enough I'm out here talking to you. What do you know?"

The fairytale woman rolled her eyes, looking annoyed that she couldn't mess with him some more. And she had been doing that a lot lately too, teasing her enemies like her father did all the time. It was another thing that was brought to the surface thanks to her heart becoming darker.  "Klaus killed the original five hunters, remember? When one kills a hunter, there's a consequence naturally."

"What kind of consequence?" he asked, his eyes wide with concern for the newly turned vampire.

She felt her irritation flare up because she felt pressured to give away information. But she took a deep breath and thought about what she came here for: to see Elena suffering. "The witches who created the hunters made a spell where if someone was to prevent one of the hunters from fulfilling his destiny, that he would go down swinging per say. Meaning whoever killed the hunter goes down with him."

He didn't seem to be following what she was trying to say. "What do you mean? Connor is dead."

That time she couldn't help a sarcastic remark. "Yeah, I noticed. What I mean is that Connor's death isn't preventing him from killing one last vampire like he was created to do in the first place. In this equation, the vampire is Elena. Let her come with me, I'll lock her up and keep her away from sharp wooden objects."

"Like I am going to believe that. You hate her." She didn't argue that statement. "Elena is not going anywhere with you."

Melody rolled her eyes again, placing her hands on her hips, eyes narrowed. "Well if we leave her alone, she will take her own life before the precious sun sets and then you will lose your love. So what's it going to be huh?"