twenty-four ; broken hearts, shattered trust

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twenty-fourbroken hearts, shattered trust

chapter twenty-four ━ broken hearts, shattered trust

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ should he be trusted? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

KLAUS SHOULD'VE SEEN it coming honestly. He didn't even know how he didn't. Taking both of their personalities, he should've known that as soon as Rebekah met Melody that the two would instantly become best friends. It was exactly what happened. Both females bonded over their mutual dislike for him. Rebekah adored Melody. She loved her sarcasm and fell in love with her life. And as soon as Melody told her how she was the daughter of Peter Pan, had magic, and lived in a town with fairytale characters, Rebekah was a bit confused at first until she explained. Then after that, the only female original was in awe. Long story short,  Klaus's sister had stolen Melody from him and he wasn't happy about it.

Rebekah complained about not being in the proper attire so Melody pulled her into the first store in sight. Klaus compelled everyone to leave and for the woman working the counter to give them everything for no charge. The fairytale woman wasn't really into clothes that much but it seemed like her new found best friend was; which didn't make sense because Rebekah hadn't been alive since the 1920s.

She had grabbed a dress even though Melody protested. Rebekah was just doing it to see Klaus's reaction to the outfit she picked out. Because being the good sister she was, right off the bat, the blonde could sense something between the two. She did admire the fact that the woman was easy going and never went all out. And she could tell that Klaus liked that as well. Melody was a simple yet complicated woman.

"Are you having trouble?" Rebekah asked, calling out from outside of the dressing room.

Melody scowled at herself in the mirror. The dress hugged her body and it looked extremely nice on her. This was why she glared at herself. In the years she had lived, never had she quite liked dresses or anything fancy. But wearing this outfit made her feel powerful. Was she powerful?

She stepped out of the dressing room, all eyes going to her. Rebekah was smirking when she saw Klaus practically gaping. Stefan smiled, sipping his champagne. Melody made a face. "I guess it's alright." She turned around so they saw her side. The female smiled at Klaus. "What do you think, Klaus?"

He slowly smirked, leaning back in his chair. "I'm not too sure if you want to hear what I have to say. But yes, I think that dress looks marvelous on you."

Rebekah put her hand on her chin and winked at her. She had already gotten a dress that — in Melody's opinion — wasn't exactly her style so then the vampire changed and now wore another one.