seventeen ; hello, goodbye

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter seventeenhello, goodbye

chapter seventeen ━ hello, goodbye

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ there's your happy ending ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

TODAY WAS GOING to be a good day. Not just because she was hoping and praying it would, but because she had a feeling in her chest. Melody got up with a smile and prepared herself for the day with a smile. She didn't know if it was because of Klaus. What she did know was that she was finally starting to feel like her old self. The woman felt free and maybe that was the source of her energy.

However, when she walked down the stairs to see Damon casually sipping some alcohol, she dropped her smile, went into the kitchen, made herself some coffee, dodged him, and then left. During when she was making her coffee, Stefan had texted her saying that he wanted her to be at the school. He wanted her to help look out for Klaus. Of course, he added the "if you want to" part.

She agreed because she was feeling nicer than usual. Melody drove to the school and then parked in the parking lot. When she entered, the first bell rang and she made her way through the crowd of the loud and obnoxious teenagers and to Alaric's classroom. Just because Stefan wanted her to "watch out for Klaus" didn't mean she had to hang out with Elena all day.

Alaric was looking through his drawers when she entered and Melody grinned. "Hey, Ric." He looked up at her with shock but then it quickly was replaced with a big smile. "What'cha up to?"

"Nothing much."

Melody nodded. "Mmm-hmm." She ran her hands over his desk and then looked at him. "Well, Stefan wanted me to tell you that there's going to be a meeting after school at the Boarding House about what we're going to do with Klaus." She rolled her eyes. "Not like any plan is going to work but you know. Don't wanna crush their dreams."

He chuckled. "Ah, you never know. Anything could happen."

She made her way to the door. "See you later, Ric." She exited the door but then backtracked and stood in the doorway, looking at him. "Oh and uh, if you're going to pretend to be Ric, at least play the part right."

Alaric looked surprised and she laughed, walking away. But what she didn't know was that when Klaus got over his shock, a smile found its way to his face. He looked back at the desk before him and then shook his head, grinning.

———

In complete honesty, Melody would've rolled her eyes in boredom at least fifty times during the lunch period. Stefan had assigned her to watch Elena while he went around the school, looking for anything out of the ordinary.