five ; suit of armor

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter fivesuit of armor

chapter five ━ suit of armor

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ her eyes held daggers ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

IT WAS JUST like old times. Melody remembered the days when she and her family would have picnics. Sometimes they would have one at the beach, the empty meadow in the woods near the house, or simply in the backyard, using the porch to eat and the yard to play games. The memories were fresh and it made her smile as she helped Jenna because Elena was busy.

Melody poured the chips into the bowl as she spoke to Jenna. "Thanks for letting Elena invite me and Caroline. Things have been crazy lately; we could use a day of distraction."

Jenna smiled and walked over, leaning on the counter next to her. "Well, you two are not the ones I'm worried about. Why is Damon coming?"

"Because apparently, Alaric is a pity taker," Melody laughed. "Damon probably would've invited himself, or Elena would've."

"That is the sad truth."

They both laughed that time and Mason walked in, with a bottle and some glasses. "Good news! I found the shot glasses!"

Melody smiled at them. "I have to take a call. I'll be right back." She left the room, stepping onto the porch, sitting in one of the chairs. The brunette got out her phone and pressed Stefan's contact. "Hey. I was wondering if you got my message about Jenna's barbecue? And I have a bad feeling. Call me when you get the chance."

She hung up and Caroline arrived, sitting in the chair that was on the other side of the table that was between the two chairs, holding a bowl of chips. "Is that Stefan?" she questioned, referring to Melody's call.

The fairytale woman nodded. "Yeah, I tried to call him earlier, but he didn't answer. And I have a bad feeling. It's kinda my superpower."

Caroline took a chip and started eating. "I'm sure he's fine." Melody raised an eyebrow as the newly turned vampire continued to eat. "God! I cannot stop eating. Stefan says it's a great way to sublimate the cravings. It's horrible just fighting the urge for blood every minute of every day."

Melody shook her head, sighing. "I know. I can't imagine what it feels like."

"Yeah, it sucks. Stefan also said that he hates that Elena's a constant temptation."

The brunette did a double-take. "He said that?"

Caroline nodded. "The desire to rip out her jugular every time he's with her? Trust me, it's there. It's why I had to break up with Matt."