thirty-one ; looking into the face of death

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirty-onelooking into the face of death

chapter thirty-one ━ looking into the face of death

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝  will i die today?   ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

sixty votes and sixty comments for the next chapter!

MELODY HAD NEVER felt so giddy in her entire life. She could hardly sleep that night, tossing and turning in her bed, the kiss replaying over and over in her mind. After their moment, Klaus had one serious and lengthy talk with her family, the male side especially. Pan hadn't sounded so pissed before. She was surprised at how well the hybrid dealt with the entire conversation. He was calm and patient. They finally requested to speak with the fairytale woman who had ended up going upstairs to clean up after the ball ended. When she had come back down the stairs, Klaus was still on the phone, waiting for her so she could talk to her family.

There was a split between them. For the most part, the females were supportive, still a bit concerned but were happy for her. But the male side of her family, not so much. Pan gave Klaus every single threat he could come up with, Killian adding a few with Felix and David pitching in. Robin and Henry were the only of them that didn't. Mary Margaret wouldn't stop gushing over the two, saying that they would get married. It was easy to say that she had already begun to plan a wedding. Regina was worried for her daughter, joining in on the evil ideas with the men. Emma was all for it. All she said was that if it was something Melody wanted, she'd support her. They all bid her goodnight and told her to call. Pan and the rest of the men were still enraged.

Klaus gave her her phone back, their fingers skimmed before he pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek. "Goodnight, angel," he had whispered quietly, brushing the cheek he kissed with his knuckles. Braving up, she pecked his lips and then retreated to the quarters of her room where she spent hours tossing and turning. Unbeknownst to her though, he hadn't been able to sleep either. The Original was restless. All he could think about was eventually being able to share a bed with her, feeling her warm body against his, the kisses they would steal, the conversations they would have. Would it happen? Or would it just stay as a dream in his complex mind?

Melody had woken up the next morning, getting ready quickly before going down the stairs. She had sent a message to her dad — per his request the night before — saying that she survived that night. But it made her laugh because he was making her text him and call him every single day. Old habits never died. Most of them at least. The brunette stepped into the living room after she ate breakfast, seeing Kol and Klaus on the couch. Her newfound partner was sketching, looking up at her instantly. A smile adorned his face when he saw her. "Good morning, love."