fifty ; love and hate, katerina

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter fiftylove and hate, katerina

chapter fifty ━ love and hate, katerina

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ congratulate me on what, sweetheart? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

ELIJAH HAD THE cure. He had it with him, carrying it around the mansion upon his arrival to Mystic Falls after Rebekah and Elena had a run-in with him. Melody was excited, smiling so wide as she embraced the blonde, telling her that they did it, that finally after a thousand years, she was getting her happy ending as a human. Nothing could bring down her happy mood, that even the sickness that she still seemed to have after she ate something her stomach didn't agree with. She started to crave chocolate constantly and suddenly had an adoration for bacon.

Pregnancy never once crossed her mind.

Currently, the brunette was sitting at a table with the three living Mikaelson siblings, holding Rebekah's hand as she smiled at her proudly. She expected the eldest to give his sister the cure easily. After all, didn't she deserve it? Hadn't she waited long enough for this moment? To be human once more, to grow old, and to die as she pleased?

Rebekah was doing the best she could to convince Elijah to hand it over, seeing as he had asked her to give him reasons as to why she deserved it, why he should give it to her. "Elijah, being a human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing that each one matters."

Klaus was enjoying himself way too much, laughing behind his hand. Melody slapped him hard on the arm many times but he never seemed to flinch at her touch, always grinning like a Cheshire Cat. Like right now, he was chuckling at his sister's reasoning. "Well, that was poetic."

"Well, if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please," Elijah responded, gesturing forward with a challenging glint in his eyes, leaning back in his chair. He did glance over to Melody who had her arms crossed, glaring at her boyfriend as if she were trying to make him ignite into flames under her stare.

"Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He will torment me until I give him the cure. Melody can tell you all about that situation." He sounded so confident in himself that it was actually infuriating to listen to.

She rolled her eyes at his words. "And in doing so he will break down the wall to the Other Side," she pointed out with a slight hiss, her temper flaring, her accent prominent in her every syllable.

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soulmate." He looked to Elijah, trying to prove that he was the one who needed the cure. Melody was pissed at him because up until Silas attacked him, he was all for letting Rebekah have it. Now he changed his mind, his desire to survive to cause him to go against his words. "You of all should applaud his devotion."