thirty-five ; where do we go from here

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirty-fivewhere do we go from here

chapter thirty-five ━ where do we go from here

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ what am i supposed to do? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

thirty votes and thirty comments for the next chapter!

SHE HADN'T SAID a word when Klaus told her that they were leaving. Melody had only nodded, moving around her bedroom and packing things that she wanted to keep. All of her energy, all of her strength was gone. It didn't make sense because she had killed Mikael and was nonchalant about it. What made this any different? And yet it was different. Esther was the beginning of her tragic childhood. The witch had cursed her, killed her mother practically, and caused her family to be torn apart. Now that she was dead, Melody felt empty. Killing Esther didn't help anything or make her feel better.

Pan had gotten a call from Klaus with the news. The hybrid suggested that he come to Mystic Falls and not tell the rest of her family. If they found out what she had done, he feared that some of them would look down on her for it. Mary Margaret and David were the main concern. Surprisingly, the immortal leader had agreed and told Felix what he planned on doing, not being able to lie to him. Then he was off, driving at five in the morning just so he could see his daughter. He pretended not to know that Klaus only asked him because he wanted his approval, not that it mattered if he got it anyways.

Melody was packing her clothes, her eyes catching on the charm Killian had given her. She slowly grabbed it and picked it up, studying it closely. Tears reached her eyes. What would he say if he found out what she had done? Killed two people, one of them more important than the other but that didn't matter either. Would he look at her the same? Her heart was black. She knew it.

A knock sounded through the room but she didn't hear it. The person stepped forward with a frown, calling her name. She didn't answer. They went over to her and put a gentle hand on her shoulder, making her gasp, breaking her trance, dropping the charm on the bed in the process.

"Are you alright, love?" Klaus questioned, frowning deeply. He looked extremely concerned her wellbeing. After all, he hadn't seen her smile since she had killed Esther.

She relaxed, sighing a bit before she nodded. "Yeah, I'm..." For some reason, she couldn't bring herself to say it, not to him. He didn't deserve the lie. "No, I don't feel alright." The brunette shoved the box away from her, pressing her head into her hands. "I feel so tired, Klaus. And I don't know why."

He rubbed her shoulder gently, whispering, "I know." Someone rang the doorbell and he knew who it was considering that no one would bother visiting him. "Come with me."