forty ; you can't save her

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter forty ━ you can't save her

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ what if he can't save her from herself? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

fifty votes and fifty comments for the next chapter!

MELODY WASN'T SURE if she heard correctly the second time around when Klaus had told her the latest Mystic Falls news while they were away finding Alexandar's sword to find the cure. They had stayed at a gorgeous hotel that left her in awe, being reminded of the castle in the Enchanted Forest. Believe it or not, they had shared a bedroom and a bed, growing closer and closer by the day. Nothing had happened besides them falling asleep side by side. Not a single kiss was exchanged because Klaus didn't want to give her the wrong message. Though he wanted to, he would wait until she was ready.

But the news she had been given by him was that Elena had killed the hunter who they had found out got free from their captivity. When she heard word that Elena had, she was pissed, going on a long rant that he let her go on. Then she found herself stopping once she caught his smirk. He explained to her that when someone killed a hunter, they suffered from hallucinations and it was excruciatingly painful. He had killed the original hunters so he knew how it worked.

She had given him a wicked smirk, her anger now turning to amusement, thrilled that she would get a chance to see Elena's misery before the brunette actually got to her and showed her what true suffering was. Klaus didn't stop her from daydreaming on the private jet ride back to Mystic Falls, the female wallowing in her immense joy. She was loving every second of it and couldn't wait to see it for herself.

And so Klaus was more than happy to let her go off on her own to speak to the Salvatore brothers and see Elena's state. Which is exactly what she was doing, walking through the Gilbert girl's neighborhood because she needed time to clear her head, rid of her doubts, push away her guilt of making the darkness in her heart grow.

Her journey was coming to an end so she got out her phone and called Stefan, knowing right where he was and knew fairly well that he told Damon about the cure because it was inevitable. Not that it mattered if the eldest brother knew anyway. The phone rang a few times and she figured that he was debating on whether to answer or not. Yet he did anyway.

"I don't want to talk about it," he told her with no emotion in his tone.

Melody smirked widely, shaking her head with a laugh. "Aw, and why is that? Is it because you are ruining Klaus's plan to create more hybrids. Come on Stefan, you and I both know you told Damon as soon as you could about the cure. And I bet, he is standing next to you right now." The silence was all the answer she needed. "That's what I thought."