sixteen ; of all my mistakes

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter sixteen of all my mistakes

chapter sixteen ━ of all my mistakes

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ sneaky little trickster ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

IT WAS ANOTHER one of those days. And by "another one of those days" she meant that the next day had started off like complete and utter crap. Again. Isobel, Elena's birth mother, showed up at the front door of the Gilbert house last night. This ended with Jenna finding out and being pissed.

Melody had woken up to a rude awakening of Damon pushing her out of the bed and onto the floor. She gave him a migraine while she got ready and followed Stefan (the good brother who didn't push her out of the bed) down the stairs, letting her magic bind on Damon go. "So she just showed up and was like 'Hey guys. Oh and by the way I'm Elena's birth mother'?"

Stefan nodded but didn't turn to her as they made their way down the stairs. Damon was following behind as he recovered from the pain of the migraine, not saying a word. "Yep, Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep."

"Did she happen to say what she wanted?"

One thing was for sure, Isobel being in town was bad news. And with the whole Klaus thing going on at the same time? It would only cause more complications they didn't need. Just like Katherine being out of the tomb presented. Stefan rounded down the stairs and hit the ground floor of one of the hallways. Melody followed behind and Damon caught up with them. 

Stefan shook his head. "I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out."

When they were making their way to the front door, a familiar doppelganger crossed in front of them. Her hair was curly once more and she wore her normal attire. "I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here."

"Why?" Damon questioned.

They stood in front of her and Melody crossed her arms over her chest. Last night had ended with her and Katherine having a nice, long conversation about traveling. Katherine told her about her travels on the run from Klaus and Melody found it exciting; going and exploring the world.

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb."

Melody gave her a tired look. These last few days had been filled with nothing but tragedy and moments where she felt like just throwing herself off a building. After Rose's death, things had changed drastically, and fast for that matter. "May I remind you that you are in league with them? Remember that deal you made with John?"