thirty-eight ; lucky me

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirty-eightlucky me

chapter thirty-eight ━ lucky me

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ the power couple of Mystic Falls ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

thirty votes and thirty comments for the next chapter!

MELODY HELD BACK the urge to jump out of the car the second Klaus turned around when they were already halfway to Chicago. She had turned her head to look over at him slowly, making sure he understood the full volume of just how pissed she was at his action. And why would he go back to Mystic Falls you ask? Tyler Lockwood was attacked. That was it. Nothing more, nothing less. At least, there wasn't anything else Klaus had in mind that she knew about.

She laid her head against the window as he drove. A sigh had passed through her lips and she shook her head. "You love him more than me. I knew it, you have a crush on a guy."

Klaus had rolled his eyes at how dramatic she was being. He didn't even bother turning his head to look at her either, simply driving with the radio playing The Beetles. "Okay, love, keep on telling yourself that if it makes yourself feel better."

"You're cheating on me."

Another eye roll. "Here we go," he mumbled.

"I can't believe it. My boyfriend loves a guy and not me."

"I really wish you would stop—"

"You know what? I'm calling my dad."

Klaus went wide-eyed, clearing his throat as he tried to play off the fact that what she had just said scared him to bits. Joke or not, there was no way Peter Pan would ever give up the opportunity to torture the Original Hybrid. He slowed down with his driving and glanced over at her. "You don't have to do that. Come on, you know that I would never—are you actually crying?!"

Melody was sobbing in the passenger seat and he was in total shock. "You're cheating on me! I knew it!"

He didn't know what to do. Should he keep driving? Should he pull over? Klaus opened his mouth to say something and then closed it before opening it again. "Melody, you know that I would never do that. Now, why don't you take deep breaths? I am going to take the next exit so we can get snacks. Do you want anything?"

She sniffled. "Can I have chocolate? And...maybe some flowers?"

Klaus nodded. "Of course."

When they pulled into a local grocery store, he got out and told her he would be back. She nodded and sniffled again, watching him leave. The second he was out of second, Melody dropped her act and kicked her feet up on the dash, no longer crying. She started laughing to herself. "What an idiot." She got out her phone and started scrolling through Instagram while she waited.