forty-six ; another team in the race

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter forty-sixanother team in the race

chapter forty-six ━ another team in the race

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ who else is trying to find the cure? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

twenty votes and twenty comments for the next chapter!

HER NEED FOR vengeance skyrocketed after she had to hold Klaus in her arms while he sobbed. Melody hadn't seen him so heartbroken before, never. That only seemed to fuel the flames that were already blazing with rage. Yet she forced herself to follow the Mystic Falls group to the island where the cure resided. Melody had told her boyfriend that she didn't have to go, she no longer held the desire to kill Elena on the island. She explained to him that she would wait for the perfect moment to tear out her throat while she was human, but had changed her mind again. Now she had decided to nearly let the doppelganger take the cure and then rip out her heart and crush it to dust.

Klaus kept telling her that it was fine, she could leave him there. Melody had listened but the leaving wasn't easy for her. She worried for him, hoping he didn't do anything stupid while she was gone. And so she promised him to be back in a few days, telling him she wouldn't be very long, depending on long it took to actually find the cure.

And so there she was, stepping off the tiny boat she had journeyed in for a straight eight hours. It had been torture: listening to Elena so much as breathe near her which only seemed to make the boat feel smaller. Rebekah had accompanied her as did Stefan, Caroline had stayed behind to keep an eye on Klaus due to the fairytale woman's request she refused to budge on.

Melody stood there for a moment, taking in her surroundings with a mix of curiosity and uncertainty, seeing as Kol had warned them about Silas before his death. She turned her head to see Elena passing by, carrying her bag that contained all of her things. The thought of burning the bag did cross her mind but she refrained from causing a scene, settling for an irritated twitch of her lips.

"You know, you're not really helping," Stefan spoke up, near her as he was tying a knot to keep the boat from sailing away while they were gone. Rebekah was wandering the shoreline, staring at the line of trees.

Melody scoffed at that, crossing her arms over her chest as she gave a pointed glare to Elena because she felt like it. "You can tie a knot, Stefan. But if you need help tying your shoes, I'm sure I can teach you how to do the bunny ears."

He rolled his eyes though it was hard not to smile as he tried to play it off cool. Rebekah had smiled widely, amused by her sarcasm and wit that rolled off her tongue without her even having to try. The way she knew that the brunette had replied with that without thinking is because instead of smirking, she stared at Elena with hatred, not bothering to move from her spot for a second.