twenty-six ; loyalty, my love

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twenty-sixloyalty, my love

chapter twenty-six ━ loyalty, my love

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ give him a chance ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

ON A SCALE of one to ten of just how pissed he'd be, Melody guessed that Klaus would break the scale with a record—but solid—seventy-six at least. She had decided to test the waters a tad and see just how much he had warmed up to her. His anger was prominent in the time between in which they discovered Stefan kidnapped the coffins and that moment. Despite it, Klaus had begun to work on a mansion for himself and his family. Melody was invited to stay, of course. She accepted because well, she wasn't staying at the Boarding House anymore and why stay at a motel or hotel while you have a newly built mansion and an immortal hybrid to accompany you?

Her room was a work in progress but for the most part, it was over halfway complete so she did have a bed to sleep in and a bathroom to keep up her hygiene. Klaus's room was oddly right down the hallway. I mean why would he do that? He treated her like an ally, not quite a friend even though they were friends. Perhaps it was because he hadn't had a friend in a long time and he was still skeptical about her. But killing Mikael did give her some extra points.

At the moment, Melody was sneaking into Klaus's room where the hybrid slept soundlessly. It was around six o'clock in the morning and because she was Peter Pan's daughter, she was up at the crack of dawn. Now normally, she'd just go back to sleep because sleep was a hobby of her's. However, she didn't want to give up the opportunity of waking Klaus up. She was excited, her magic burning in her veins with each step she took.

Klaus looked peaceful as he lied there. His hair was unkempt, his eyes closed which made his face look relaxed. In that split second, he didn't look angry or upset. He looked calm just lying there. Melody diverted her eyes when she noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt. There was a tattoo of a feather, flocking into birds on his arm, extending to his collarbone. She would've marveled at it if she hadn't forced herself out of the trance.

Melody conjured a bowl of water, smirking to herself. And then she tipped it. Klaus sat up with a gasp when the cold water came in contact with his skin. A musical laughter filled his ears, wiping away the water that reached his eyes. He turned to see Melody laughing, holding her stomach next to the bed, an empty bowl in hand. "Oh my gosh. You should've seen your face! Priceless!"

She continued to laugh uncontrollably. Klaus felt anger seep through his spine. As he stared at the fairytale woman, the rage slowly vanished. She looked happy. Her lips were curved upward into a huge smile, laughter spilling out, her body shook, and it was then that he noticed that she wore nothing but a t-shirt and long pants. It was her pajamas. No one else was in the house so it was just them. So he flashed up, standing in front of her so that his bare chest faced her.