twenty ; the day her life changed

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twentythe day her life changed

chapter twenty ━ the day her life changed

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ ready for a road trip? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

AFTER LEARNING ABOUT the events of the sacrifice, Melody stayed away from the Boarding House. Jenna's death, John's death, Elijah's betrayal, and Damon's werewolf bite were only the beginning of the aftereffects. Melody couldn't bring herself to look the others in the eye (she had already mentally called herself a coward several times because of it).

It had been over two days since Klaus broke his curse. Both Elijah and Klaus were nowhere to be found, though everyone was expecting them to show up soon. Just as expected, the others had found out about Melody's deal with Klaus. And the only ones who weren't upset were Stefan and Caroline. Damon was dying, he blamed it on her, as did Elena.

That was enough to keep her away until nightfall. When night did approach, she'd use her magic to teleport to her room instead of actually using the front door. Damon was on house arrest and was put in the cellar.

Melody had spent many hours over the last two days just thinking. And she mentally cursed herself because it was always about Klaus or something to do with him. Stefan had called her not too long ago, begging for her to come back to the Boarding House. To her disappointment, she forced herself to decline.

She knew that with their determination, they'd find a cure for Damon's bite. They didn't even need her help. And besides, Melody would be long gone by the time they did find a cure. However, there wasn't a doubt in her mind that there was a cure out there somewhere. And she knew who probably would have an answer.

The fairytale woman knocked on the door with a loud bang. "Klaus!" He opened the door with a smirk. "I need your help—" Melody stopped short when she saw Stefan in the apartment along with Katherine, Elijah's desiccated body on the floor with a dagger protruding from his chest nearby. Her eyes widened. "I'll just come back later..."

"There's no need for that, love," Klaus waved off. He grabbed her arm and brought her inside the apartment. "I was just about to come and get you."

Melody's eyes diverted to Stefan. He looked concerned for her. "Melody, leave. You can't trust him."

She pursed her lip and then narrowed her eyes at him. "I don't Stefan. But I made him a promise." Her eyes went to Klaus. "I assume Stefan is here asking for the cure."

A smirk founds its way to his face. "Indeed he is. And I assume you're here for the same?" Melody didn't answer because he already knew the answer. "Go on, ask me."