thirteen ; not so damsel in distress

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirteennot so damsel in distress

chapter thirteen ━ not so damsel in distress

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ fire burns in her veins ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

THE NEXT DAY wasn't as awkward as she expected. Stefan was back and Damon had begun to treat her a bit nicer. Whether it was out of respect or him being thankful, she didn't know. But what she did know was that while she was making herself breakfast, the news was on. And it was boring in her opinion, but when she heard one of the reports, she froze.

"In addition to the missing campers, park ranger, and twenty-five-year-old Jessica Koenig, a deputy of the local sheriff's department was found dead just this morning. Though it was clear that he had been killed days ago. Police are looking into his death."

She shut off the TV and looked back over at her food. The thing that startled her was that the deputy that was killed, was the same one that shot her that day when Mason exposed the Salvatores.

Footsteps broke her trance and Damon and Stefan walked in.

"Just wait until you hear this," Damon said, looking at her.

Melody began to spread her cream cheese and didn't look back up at them. "What?"

"Stefan here brought John Gilbert back to town."

She put the knife down that she used to spread the cream cheese and glared at Stefan. The glare was aimed and ready to kill which Stefan noticed. He scratched the back of his neck. "I kinda went to go look for Isobel, and I found John instead. He said he can help us, and we're desperate."

That made her roll her eyes. Melody turned her attention back to her bagel and finished spreading the cream cheese. "How are we desperate, Stefan? He's a total jerk."

"Guys, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed." Another eye roll. But this time, Damon rolled his eyes too. "Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean, do you trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an Original, he can't be trusted. It's not like we can just go up and kill him because apparently, he can't die!"

She officially finished spreading her cream cheese and then threw the knife into the sink. Melody took a bite and made one motion with her free hand. "And where exactly does John Gilbert come into play?"

Damon clenched his teeth to contain his anger. He hated that John was back in town. Stefan looked at Melody and replied, "He knew about the sacrifice and about you, Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe and to keep you away from Klaus."