twenty-three ; a shiny glass cup of trust

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twenty-threea shiny glass cup of trust

chapter twenty-three ━ a shiny glass cup of trust

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ why isn't life easy? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

SHE SUPPOSED THAT she really was seeing the world like she wanted to. Chicago was their next stop. Melody couldn't help but gaze around, remembering when she was taken to New York in search of Gold's son, Baelfire. The tall buildings and streets bustling with people were what gave it away. But she was disappointed when Stefan mentioned that nearly every major city was like that.

Klaus was different toward her, almost kinder, but still a bit cold. Melody figured it was because he wasn't used to anyone being there for him, so he was waiting for when she just up and left. The kindness he showed her (manners and such) did not shorten. And after what happened, Melody was a bit less sarcastic to him and actually gave him answers if he asked her something. For example, while Stefan went to go get "something" to eat, Klaus had asked Melody what her hobbies were. She replied saying that she enjoyed archery and drawing, though she wasn't the best at it.

He shocked her by explaining that he painted. But Melody told him she couldn't stand painting, it was too difficult and tedious. If you messed up once, the whole canvas was ruined and you'd have to throw it out. At least with sketching, you could erase. Klaus found that amusing.

They went to a bar shortly after they arrived. Klaus had told them that if anyone could find out about his hybrid problem, it was her. The bar was dim, quiet, and surprisingly enough, empty. So it was revealed that the bar must've not been open. Stefan was gazing around in wonder, while Melody just shrugged to herself, seeing nothing special about the place.

"You got to be kidding me," someone said.

They turned to see an older, dark-skinned woman. Her eyes were wide in surprise as she stared at Stefan, then she caught sight of Melody and Klaus who stood side by side. Melody saw the way a smirk flickered on her lips, then disappeared. It didn't strike the fairytale woman shocking that the witch knew who she was.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender-"

Melody put a hand up. "No, stop. Don't embarrass yourself."

Gloria laughed while Klaus smirked at her. "Just as humorous as the book said you were."

She shrugged her shoulders playfully. Stefan pointed at the witch once he realized who she was. "You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be—"

"Old and dead?" the witch guessed. Her hands went to her hips. "Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

Klaus leaned over to Stefan and Melody. "Gloria's a very powerful witch."