twenty-one ; trust is the key to friendship

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twenty-onetrust is the key to friendship

chapter twenty-one ━ trust is the key to friendship

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ how can you say you care? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

A MONTH HAD passed since Melody left Mystic Falls with Klaus and Stefan. Her phone hadn't stopped ringing and eventually, Klaus had just chucked it out the window of their moving car, instructing her to never contact her family. She hated him. No, she despised him. After she had made that deal with him, he never followed through with it. He still was the same murdering psychopath. She wasn't judging him for killing people because her family had done the same. Melody was just angry because he treated her like dirt.

Though she still had "freedom", it didn't feel like it at all. Along the trip, they had stayed at motels. Every single time Klaus got two rooms. One for Stefan, and then the other for Klaus and Melody. He was infuriating. However, the only kind gesture she acknowledged was that fact that he allowed her to have the bed, and he took the floor. It was little moments like those that she didn't completely hate him.

But her family was worried, Melody knew that. It pained her not to just call them and tell them that she was alright. They probably tried a locator spell, but with the spelled necklace he made her wear, she, along with both Stefan and Klaus were untraceable. And what she didn't know was that her entire family had traveled to Mystic Falls to find her.

The kids had stayed with Belle, Ruby, Henry, and Robin while the rest came to find her. Damon had explained the situation, saying that he didn't care what happened to Melody because of what she did to betray them. Her family didn't care even though it was true. They were proud. Caroline had graciously helped them adjust, filling in the holes Damon left in their current situation.

Meanwhile, Klaus was trying to get to know Melody. He would ask her simple questions and she would respond with either a smart answer or silence. Klaus infuriated her, and she infuriated him. It was what she liked to call revenge. The good thing was that he always kept her well fed, rested, bathed, basically anything she needed to survive.

Stefan was stone-cold. He hardly ever spoke or reacted. However, on the inside, it was a completely different story. The Salvatore had to stop himself several times from Klaus talking, yelling, touching, or overall anything the hybrid did to Melody. Several times Klaus had brushed the hair out of her eyes, touched her cheek, or even just lightly touching her hand. Once he had touched her waist and the resulted in him getting his neck snapped by the fairytale woman. So he never did it again.