forty-two ; there goes the ticking bomb

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter forty-two ━ there goes the ticking bomb

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ the fallen angel fell too far ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

thirty votes and thirty comments for the next chapter!

SAYING WHAT SHE was thinking would only hurt his feelings or get him irritated. But she truly couldn't help herself, biting her lip as she attempted to contain a smile. She was amused at his painting but she did find a fascination in watching him. In fact, she always had. Her eyes would follow his every movement as if she were trying to memorize the way he painted. They had also gotten into the habit of doing art at the same time. While he painted, Melody would mimic whatever he was painting and turn it into a sketch. It was their secret hobby they wouldn't tell anyone about because they would share stories, laughs, smiles, kisses, and touches. It was romantic.

Klaus sensed her watching and turned his head from where he was assessing his art, smiling back at her which made her smile back. Melody came over and stood beside him, her eyes brightening with mischief. "I love the snowflake." Right when she said it, she had to cover her mouth to stifle her laugh because she knew that his work wasn't literal for the most part. It always was complex and had a hidden meaning. Besides the sketches of her which he would argue was complicated and far from simplistic.

He sighed heavily, his eyes closing for a beat. "I don't know whether to be offended or grateful that you enjoy my work." A smirk was pressed against the back of his shoulder blade and opened his eyes, turning his head to look down at her.

Melody was staring up at him with a certain look in her eyes that he knew well. Without a word, he tilted his chin down towards her, moving his shoulder out of the way. She lifted her head up, her lips about to brush against his when footsteps sounded through the room, followed by someone clearing their throat. The couple looked over at the Salvatore, eyes narrowing in irritation at being interrupted. It seemed as they always were.

"Looks like a giant snowflake," Stefan commented, head jerking in the direction of the painting that they were standing in front of, covering half of it from his sight. He walked further into the room, not at all looking apologetic at what he had walked into. Even though Melody looked as if she were plotting his murder. In all honesty, he wouldn't be surprised if she was.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism," Klaus retorted, sounding quite annoyed that his work was being taken literally. "It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event." He gave him a forced smile as he wrapped an around his girlfriend, knowing that she didn't care for people walking in on her showing affection. "Now leave."