forty-one ; nothing but a guilty conscious

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter forty-one ━ nothing but a guilty conscious

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ and who's fault is that? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

thirty votes and thirty comments for the next chapter!

CAROLINE GAVE HER the most adorable puppy face on the planet. Her hands were clasped together as she puckered out her red lips, eyes wide with innocence as she tilted her head to the side. The brunette in front of her had her arms crossed over her chest, an annoyed expression on her face even though she was slowly but surely caving to her friend's pleading. Yet she stood her ground for a little while longer, shaking her head over and over again. Melody wasn't budging, rolling her eyes as she looked away from her.

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"N—"

"PLEASE?!"

Melody rolled her eyes, throwing her arms up in exasperation. She groaned in irritation. "Fine! But only because you haven't stopped asking me since five this morning and I am seriously regretting letting you stay here." She went back to go eat something but then Caroline grabbed her arm, pulling her in the direction of the front door.

"Then you know what this means." The brunette went wide-eyed and fell to the ground, shaking her head as she refused to go anywhere. "Come on, going to the mall isn't bad, it could be fun."

And that is exactly what put Melody in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Caroline had dragged her to the mall so they could buy dresses for the Miss Mystic Falls pageant. They spent a good six hours before the fairytale woman finally found one that she loved. It was a Marchesa strapless tulle layered gown and was extremely expensive. The price made her curse under her breath but she had bought it anyway since the blonde vampire had compelled the woman at the counter to give it to her for free.

So after they got their outfits planned out, they had to go to the Lockwood Mansion to help prepare the pageant. Melody wasn't too keen on assisting since these things weren't really her thing but she did feel guilty for leaving Caroline alone. She pushed her dislikes aside and decided to help, walking around with a clipboard that had a checklist of things that had to be ready before the next day.

Her fingers tapped against the wood, eyes scanning around until she saw some girls holding flower arrangements, heading in the wrong direction. She cleared her throat and called out to them. "I suggest you girls take a better glance at those plans you were supposed to memorize. Hell, you didn't even have to memorize them. All you needed to know was where the flowers go. Those go in the back now scurry." She waved them off and the girls scattered to fix their mistake.