Awake

"So no one has seen him lately? The last time anyone saw him was that fight right here with Kabe-kun and I've been unconscious for the past 10 days. The fight ended with all the leaders being taken by the Vindice. And they did all of this for recognition and their freedom of choice. ... How- How is everyone? The committee, Vongola, Varia, Shimon, the kids, and my mom?" I asked looking to the 4 guys sitting in my room on both sides of my bed.

Tsuna answered first. "The Vongola is fine. Our friends have just been worried about you and Lambo had napped with you a few times. He says he misses you and wants you to get better. I-pin and Futta feel the same. I gave the Varia mansion a call. I don't know how Squalo-kun is doing but he was very worried. Enma and the others were also pretty worried. Enma has come to study here a few times as well. He says he feels more confident about his work near you, I understand that too. And I haven't seen your mom for a while but I haven't really been home either. I have been at school, training, studying here, or just visiting here. And I've been fine, only worried about you. I'm relieved and glad you're awake." Tsuna's smile was reassuring and brightened up my mood some.

"I've been fine as well. I knew you weren't going out that easy. You're too stubborn to." Gokudera huffed. His comment made me happier as well.

"My father heard you were in the hospital and paid a visit once. He didn't ask any questions on why you were here, he just wished for you to get better soon. I've been fine too. My grades haven't gotten any worse either. Heh. But I don't know how much longer that will last. Maybe you could tutor us again when you get out?" Yamamoto rubbed the back of his neck as Gokudera went to fume. He was about to shout until I looked at he silver haired boy with a glare in my eyes and a dangerous smile.

"I'd appreciate you not yelling. I just woke up from a 10 day coma." Looking from Gokudera to Yamamoto my smile softened. "Any time Takeshi-kun. Even before I'm discharged. I'll probably be pretty bored and falling behind in class right now. I need to catch up and knock this kiss-up down to second again. The tutoring will help me."

Gokudera glared at me and second guessed his attempt to shout at me. He sat boiling and my jab at him.

I have great friends at my side.

My hand reached for the metal hanging around my neck. I looked to where the ring was supposed to be, yet it wasn't  there. The necklace was different from when I first got it. It's whole now. A wiry smile crept up.

I looked to Kabe-kun who continued the conversation.

"The committee is fine. Nothing to worry about." He said.

"There's a pile of paperwork backed up on the desk, huh? The committee has heard about Hibari-kun being back and are uneasy as well as the delinquents around wanting to get a few attempts at overthrowing the Disciplinary Committee in hopes of Hibari-kun staying down or away altogether? You just don't want me to worry right now. I appreciate it. But, like I just said. I'll be bored until my release so I'd like to help with the paperwork. Don't worry. I will rest and not over work my brain. And I believe you all are keeping the delinquents in their place and that the Hibari-kun rumor will most likely bind the committee more. They all have their opinions of Hibari-kun but one thing that's probably the most common is that they may feel he shouldn't get special treatment or have the president or even vice president positions. 'He gave them up so he doesn't deserve it.' Is probably how they feel. I'll need to think of things about that, but I'll be impartial. And you can let the committee visit me tomorrow. A few at a time though. Not too many." I smiled to my friend and vice president/stand in president.

"Hai!" He smiled in reply.

-_-_-_-_

"All that's done. Kabe-kuuuuuuunnn... Why did you get so behind?" I moaned as I placed the stack of papers in the folder on the table.

Someone entered then with a soft knock.

"Emi-san! You're well. I'm glad." The kid was from the committee.

"Katsuya-kun. What brings you here? Kabe-kun said the first group would come later." I questioned as the kid walked up to my bedside and gave a deep bow.

"Emi-san, I beg of you. Don't hand over the position to Hibari-kun. He may have created the committee and I may have followed him, but I can't trust him anymore. He just left. He didn't care. I followed him because I thought he was fearless. He helped me once and I chose to follow him. It was tough but I used to think he held some respect for the committee and the members. But he didn't if could just up and leave without so much as a bye. Please don't give it to him. I want to follow you! Unlike with him, I support how you do things. Your goals, even if small. You take care of us and care about us. I want to follow you. Even if Hibari-kun wants to fight you for the position, I will be right behind you to back you up in a fight. I know some others feel the same. I wanted to let you know before you shifted the headship again. But I'll trust your judgement, even if you do give him the reigns. But know, I will only follow you. I won't be his underling, but yours. I'll only take orders from you!" Katsuya kept his head bowed.

His words were a shock to me. I didn't expect it. I did, but when I returned to the committee in person, not by a visit. And not to this extent. His words made me laugh.

He looked up confused.

"Sorry, sorry. It's okay. I won't hand over the position to Hibari-kun. Not even vice president. He won't get special treatment because he's strong or even because he started the committee. He left and lost everyone's trust. Even mine. Even if he hadn't lost mine or had shown me a reason to trust him again, I wouldn't do that to you all. He hurt you guys as well. Trust is what makes a team. Don't worry!" I gave a smile and his face lit up. He bowed and gave a thanks.

I offered for him to sit and we talked for a while. Then he left to go back to work at the committee.

I took a small break and stretched. Relaxing in the quiet, the serenity.

I was discharged after another 3 days and told the same thing to the others in the committee during our meeting. I told them that I would go on a trip for a while. I had only been awake for 4 days so I should train a bit before getting into a fight or so. Plus I had to think.

I knew I couldn't attempt to go after Hibari again. Not this time. I had no idea where to start, and why he left this time? He just wanted to clear his head. So why isn't he back?

I wanted to go down to Konoha. My mom had and left a note at the house. I wanted to go there and see if I could help with the recovery on the village. The war should have ended. It had been a few months since I've seen any of them. I don't remember the exact dates but the war should have settled. And if not, I'd help the best I can.

I packed for a week's time, but I knew I'd be longer. I'd get clothes from there. Grabbed a few snacks and walked out the house. I told Reborn I was going a trip if Tsuna needed me. I told him not to bring Tsuna and the gang along. It wasn't the time for one of his shenanigans.

I set off for the village before the sun was up, taking my time yet still going fast than the first time coming here. I spent 1 night in a tree and got out of the trees and saw the gate a bit before noon.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Welp, the end is coming. That's certain now.  Keep reading! This adventure is still going so we should keep going!

But with that note, I was wondering if my wonderful snowflakes know of the manga Psyren? If not, would you be interested in reading it? I have an idea for the manga and I've been trying think of a good one because it's one of my favorite manga. I highly recommend it. I've read and reread it and will reread it for my fanfic. But I had an idea I'm excited about!

I have plans for a BNHA collab with my Neechan for after I end this fanfic, and I have 2 others I'm in, but with one it's really hard to get out of the hiatus and the other I'm really just procrastinating the editing because it's tedious and each chapter is over 5k words. But I have a long way to go for either of those works and what I need is something jumpstart my eagerness and that's what the upcoming collab and new idea are going to do!

Psyren isn't an anime and only a manga. I really want to do this. I will do this fanfic, but I may get sad if I get off reads at all...

Anyways, on to the next chapter!

❄️