Accepted or Rejected?

Everyone seemed taken aback by my words. Bel was the first to speak, though.

"So you not only want to steal my style but Sharky's too. Tsk" he scoffed.

"No. I did not steal your style. I only used your way for inspiration. How easy do you think it is to control fans with knives and make sure to use the amount you need rather than too many or too little? Then, I not only use knives. I use blades, needles and shurikans. And, for the sword part, I may have blades, but that's a really close combat weapon. I have had special fighting training, sure, but it's harder than it looks to fight with these legs. It's not a crutch but, you can do what you can do, right? I try but I can only go so far. I'd like to learn the sword to be able to keep an opponent a good bit away so I'm not caught off guard with my legs or so they don't try to attack my legs. It's like a big target. And, Squalo-San, I'd very much appreciate your help." I was talking to Bel at first then turned to Squalo.

He had his head hung down and seemed to be thinking after listening to me.

"Sure. But, I'd have to consult the boss so no absolute promises on a constant basis. I'll do so when I'm free if the boss denies the request. But I don't see the problem and I understand your reasons. Just know, I'm not going easy." He said as he looked at me.

"Sure thing. I wouldn't expect any less than the Shark. I'm up to it. Thanks so much Squalo-San. I have my phone number written here if you need to call me. I should get going. I have to meet Erie Shouichi so he could help me out. Since we first met and was ambushed, my legs had had a good bit of wear and tear. I need new ones. Heh." I looked down to my legs to see sword cuts and scraps and they don't look good. If I don't get new ones, they will break.

"I certainly understand. Get going. The boss isn't here now I so I'll ask later. Stay safe." He said and had the butler show me out.

=-=-=3rd POV=-=-=

After Emi left, Squalo sat on the couch and Bel eyed him suspiciously. Squalo noticed his suspicion.

"WHAT?!" Squalo almost shouted annoyed.

"Well, firstly, you accepted her request so easily but how do you know she earnestly wants to know the sword? Does she even have a sword? And then, you told her to 'stay safe' out right. That's certainly unlike you. You like her." Bel smirked.

Squalo was still annoyed and his assumption made him more annoyed. But, he calmed down some. No one else knew the truth. Not even Emi knew. Should I tell her or not? He contemplated in his head, forgetting about the blonde in front of him.

"Hey. So I'm right?" Bel brought him from his immediate thoughts.

"Not at all. It's not like that. We were friends way before I came to Varia or even considered becoming the best swordsman. I liked the sword then, but she too, wanted to learn the sword. But her mother wouldn't allow her too. So I promised I'd become a powerful swordsman and teach her one day. Then, that incident happened and I vowed I would not give up my promise to become a very powerful swordsman. But, I couldn't fulfill the whole promise of teaching her the sword, so I decided I'd become the best swordsman for both of us. I never mentioned her, but I never forgot her." Squalo stood up and walked out the room. Leaving Bel a bit stunned. Squalo was never really a sentimental type. And he thought he was only closest to the boss. He never thought someone else could ever have more value to Squalo than the boss.

Bel left the common room to his. He thought about why. Maybe it was because Squalo was in love with her. Or, could it be something different? Bel couldn't find a conclusion. But he kept thinking at it.

=-=-=Emi POV=-=-=

I walked home to find someone at my door. A red head kid.

"Hiya Shouichi-Chan. Come on in. Have you been here long?" I said opening my front door.