American School

Japanese
• English •

=-=Emi POV=-=

1st period is as noisily quiet as usual. The students talk and chat loudly but not so loud the teacher has to quiet them and I can still read. It is early morning so most of the kids are still tired.

I know all of the students. It's been the same students every year is first period, homeroom. Here at this school, Eheret Highschool, they divide the homerooms by student's grade and last name. My last name starts with a 'B' and I'm a junior. I don't have homeroom with any others from Namimori. I do suspect that Tsuna and Kyoko are the only ones who got the same homeroom being both of their first names start with 'Sa'. Takeshi probably has class with my friend Daneia since her last name starts with a 'W'. Ryohei-nii is a senoir so he will have different classes than the others but looking at his schedule earlier he has three classes with me. I have honor classes so my classes may have one or two seniors. I have one class with my junior friends.

I read a manga until the bell rings. I grab my bag and leave the classroom and building. The campus has 9 separate buildings. They are numbered from 100 - 900 in a circular fashion. The first floor are the classrooms numbered X01-X30. Upstairs are X31-X60 classrooms. For example. Right now I'm going from room 858, upstairs classroom in the 800 building, to room 259, another upstairs room but in the 200 building.

I have physics currently and Ryohei has this class with me. I take my assigned seat at the front of the class. Three students got moved out two days earlier and the seat to my right and the one next to me on my left are open and one in the back of the class. We are sat in pairs so the seat to my left was my partner.

I sat at my lonely seat and got out my books, working out the Ballinger on the board. The class filled with many students as the teacher typed away on her laptop.

I finished the bellringer as I saw Ryohei walk in and look around the room. I glance around and see only two students haven't made it yet until they stepped through the door followed by an unexpected guest.

The person stood by the door, arms crossed across his chest, and head hung, looking to the ground.

Either we have two new students or this guy needed to talk to the teacher for another teacher.

The teacher stopped typing as the bell rang signaling everyone is tardy if they didn't get to class yet.

"I see everyone is here today. Well that's good because we have two new students joining today. I was told they aren't from America but their English is fine. They are seniors. The only two in the class." Mrs. Burns says as she walks over to the boys.

"What's your names? Where are you from?" She asks them.

"Sasagawa Ryohei and I am from Japan!" He introduces in good English and not as loud as usual. He even bows.

The other guy looked up to Ryohei when he introduced himself. It seemed something surprised him.

"Well that's nice. You can go sit beside Markus there. Raise your hand." And she gestured for him to go there.

The other guy looked to the class and I was able to catch his face. My heart dropped but I managed to keep my expression calm... I think.

"I'm Hiabri Kyoya from Japan as well." He bowed.

I heard my heart hit the floor with a shatter followed by the sickening feeling of my stomach falling.

"You may sit there by Emi. Raise your hand." Mrs. Burns looked to me. I raised my hand and was able to put on a smile.