Red Beans

I got up at my usual time and went through my normal routine in the morning, despite what happened earlier. I was still tired but I was able to at least get up and get ready. I was going to sleep in the disciplinary room when I got to school.

I had my breakfast at Tsuna's, which was as delicious as always.

I walked to school with Tsuna, Gokudera, Yamamoto, Ryohei and the girls. When we got to the gate, we went separate ways.

"I'm going to the Disciplinary room. I probably won't be in class 'til later. See ya!"

And so I went to the Disciplinary room and got my blanket, then took my nap on my favorite couch.

When I awoke, it was too a strong smell. It smelled like food.

Red beans?

It reminded me of old memories. My dad used to soak them overnight in some water in the fridge. The next day, he'd put them in a big pot and slow cooked them on low all day. Slowly adding the ingredients.

I sat up and turned around. Someone sat on the couch across from me.

"Kyo-kun?" I said rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"Hn. You're awake. Are you going back to class?" He asked.

"Uhh. Yeah. In a bit. Did you eat? What's that smell?"

"Not yet. It's cooking. You should get back to class. I heard about a possible pop quiz in a class. Not sure which one but it was a second year class."

"Ugh... Tests.... I guess I'll just go get it over with. Bye"

»»»»»»»»»»
Hibari POV

The school bell had just rung and no one was late today so I don't have to bite any one to death today. I went to the Disciplinary room to relax.

Hmm. What am I going to eat later?

{Memory}

"Kyo-kun! Do you know what I wanna try?" Emi-Chan said cheerfully. It was good she was happy.

"Hmm? What?" I said.

"Red beans."

"??? Red beans? But you've had red beans before."

"Yes but no. Hehe. I want to taste American red beans. I wonder if they are different. Like soupy homemade red beans with spices. I don't know. I know that New Orleans has amazing food. I want to have New Orleans style red beans. Maybe it's different. It looks different from what I've had."

"That so? I'll try one day. To make it or something like that"

"Hehehe. That's Kyo-kun. *gasp* What if I made it for you one day? That would be great. I wanna make it for Kyo-kun" she said so happy and the school bell rang notifying that lunch was over. She jumped up and ran back to class.

'One day.' I thought.

{End}

That memory ran through my mind after seeing the menu for lunch in the cafeteria. I had just walked passed it on my way to the Disciplinary Committee office.

"Red beans? American red beans, New Orleans style...... they can't be that different" I said as I opened the door to the office.

When I did, I saw her sleeping soundly on the couch in the blanket that just appeared one day. Kusakabe had no idea who's it was nor did I. Now I know.