"Did he say why?" I asked

She sighed, "Well he explained to me how the same night you announced your pregnancy was the same night Sabrina had served him papers stating that she gets temporary custody over Royalty, so since then he's been fighting to get her back."

"What?!" I didn't expect that to be the case whatsoever.

"Yeah, it's sad."

"It really is, I know Royalty is his life and for Sabrina to take her from him like that has to be hard." I said and sat back.

Now this caused me to think.

"I guess I can understand why he has—"

"AHT!" Lauren cut me off

"What? You don't even know what I'm about to say."

"You about to say, "I guess I can understand why he has been acting the way he's been acting, I feel so bad," blah blah." She said, mimicking my voice.

I sighed, "I—so!" I shrugged

"There isn't any so, like I explained to him, I'm going to explain it to you, this is obviously after you told him about your pregnancy so his reaction to you was still cold. There's no feeling bad for him, he's a grown man. Especially since he told me that since he's trying to get Royalty back that you would have to wait. He basically said he'd get to you whenever, like you don't matter and like Royalty is going somewhere or something." She explained

"Lauren," I said

"Don't Lauren me, I didn't say anything wrong. I don't understand why you're not mad about this. I understand he has another child he has to tend to but while he's trying to get Royalty back, he can be trying to mend things with you in the meantime."

I sighed,

"Yeah, sigh on because I'm not going to let up. Either he treats you right or gets left. Because if the shoe was on the other foot and you left him high and dry, in a nasty ending, he'd be mad too. But no, we're talking about you. True enough him going through what he's going through is bad, it's crazy and I hope things end well, but meanwhile you're over here in a depressed mess when you could be out taking care of business and doing your dream job that you've went to college for four years for!" She practically yelled

I sometimes hate the truth but that's what I love her so much for, she tells me exactly what I need to hear opposed to feeding me lies.

A real friend.

She took a deep sigh, "I'm not trying to sound like yo' mama, and yell down your throat but you have to start thinking about yourself and how you feel and stop always trying to please everyone else, or make them happy. You've been doing it all your life, India. Start thinking about what you want and what you need and how you feel, because besides me and your mother, no one else really cares enough to consider how you feel. You have to do that for yourself," she paused

"Now I'm about to go to the store, if you think of something you want, hit me up. Chris's ass better come through soon before I start making rounds to his house." She said and walked away but I heard her talking as she walked away, "You not about to impregnate my friend and leave her hanging," and the rest was mumbles.

She's right. I do need to start thinking of myself, because no one else is right now.

I decided to get out of bed, take a hot shower and prepare me something good to eat. I need to quit this moping because nothing will get the things I need to be done, completed.

After my nice, well needed shower, I went downstairs to browse the kitchen of something to cook.

"I can't get anything started until I have some music playin." I said aloud.

I went to YouTube on the TV, turned on the surround sound and blasted me an upbeat playlist.

After searching the cabinets and the refrigerator, I decided to make some Penne Alfredo, with Shrimp and Smoked Sausage and Garlic bread.  Years ago I wouldn't even have all of the things to make this entire meal. But, after getting tired of not having one thing, and having the other or having to leave out to go get more ingredients, now when we grocery shop we typically buy the food in forms of meals, if that makes sense.

After making the Smoked Sausages and Shrimp, I put the pot of water on for the Alfredo.

"Ayeeee! Somebody jamming, and feeling better!" Lauren came into the kitchen and said.

She started dancing along to the music while picking up a piece of shrimp.

"I bought some things to make you feel better and to pull you out of bed, but I see you've already started step one." She said while opening the bag.

I chuckled, "What'd you get? I still want it."

"Well, I picked up some Uno cards, a bottle of Welch's grape juice, and hell of junk food." She said as she placed the things on the counter.

"You're so sweet, I don't deserve you." I said and gave her a hug.

"We can still put all of that stuff to use, I'm almost
finished with dinner so we can end our night pretty soon." I said

"Did you need help? I'm about to go jump in the shower." She said

"Nope, It's all good." I replied

I appreciate her more than words can explain.

"Partner, let me upgrade you, Audemars Piguet you
switch your neck ties to purple labels..." I sang along.

I like a mixture of classic and new music.

Chris: I'm sorry.
7:20 PM

I frowned at the text for a second, then baffled with myself whether I should reply, but say what? "It's okay, I forgive you." It's best if I don't say anything.

I'm not about to ruin my night, when I just uplifted myself; with the major help of Lauren.

In the words of Chris, he can wait.

Chris

I told myself I'd stop drinking my problems away last week. But, here I am, drunk on my ass from my 100th shot.

I drunk texted India, just got done having a quickie with some chick I met at the club- with protection of course, I don't need anymore baby mama issues.

Now I'm sitting on my couch, thinking, sulking in my misery and pain.

I need to get it together.

End of chapter. Thank you for reading , it's short .. I know.
Ria 🙃