CHAPTER 6: Operation Skyler Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I can't let that boy get crushed by that bus in front of his mother," Skyler said to herself.

Skyler ran as fast as she could towards the boy. She knew that she needed to reach him before the bus. He was just sitting there in the middle of the road, unaware of the danger he was in. Skyler reached him but the bus was too close and it was then the driver noticed them and pressed the breaks. All Skyler had time to do was to push the boy to safety, she didn't even have time to check whether his mother had managed to untangle herself because as she looked up the bus was just seconds away from hitting into her and even though her brain was screaming at her to try and move out of the way, Skyler was just paralyzed with a mixture of emotions.

"Oh boy, may I RIP," was all she could say as she lifted up her arms. The bus hit Skyler with such an impact that a horrible screeching sound was heard. Skyler screamed as it hit her, she had no time to think as everything happened to fast. Then there was complete silence. The boy's mother had managed to free herself and ran to her son in a rush. After checking if her son was okay, she then looked up at the scene with one eye closed, half expecting to see Skyler's squashed body but when she saw that Skyler was still standing, the mother of the boy was awe struck.

For her part, Skyler was breathing heavily and slowly opened her eyes. She came to the unexpected realization that she was still alive.

"What? How?" she couldn't finish her own sentence. She turned around to look at the bus and to her shock, the bus had been sliced in half. It was as if someone had cut it. The bus driver was stuck to his seat but he didn't seem to be hurt.

"Did I do that?" Skyler asked herself in fear and panic She looked the ugly yellow tracksuit that she was wearing, there was much left of it. The trouser and the jumper were both torn and most of Skyler's skin could be seen. Her skin however didn't seem to have a single scar or bruise.

"Wait... Those creatures, did they..."

"Excuse me are you alright?" the mother asked Skyler.

"Euh..." Skyler stammered, "I dunno... Is your boy okay?"

"Yeah, thanks to you he is... But how on earth did you to that? You cut a bus? Are you okay euh... Sorry i don't know your name..." Skyler was about to reply but then the driver started to groan loudly in pain and people started to approach the scene.  

She suddenly felt very afraid, she was sure that the noise of the accident woke people up and if more and more people saw standing in the middle of a sliced bus, there would be a lot of talk. "I need to get out of here!" She ran away from the scene before anybody could talk her and she didn't stop running until she reached her apartment. She took the key for under her mat, opened the door and slammed it shut. She rushed to the bathroom and frantically washed her face and then looked at herself in the mirror as she panted heavily. After a moment she took off what was left of the jumper to see whether she had any bruises, but there was nothing, not even a cut. The only thing her body really wanted and needed was a shower but Skyler was too busy obsessing about what had just happened to her to notice.

"This is unreal! Did I actually slice that bus?" she asked herself in confusion. She paced up and down her bathroom as she ran her fingers through her hair. 

"Ugh now I'm walking up and down in my bathroom half naked," Skyler realized. "I might as well take a shower, I think I need after all that running!" Skyler took a quick shower and when she got out of the shower she remembered that she forgot to take some clean clothes from her room before she got in the shower. She quickly wrapped herself in her towel and made her way to her bedroom, paying no attention to the fact that water was dripping all over the floor.

"I don't feel any pain, it's like that bus never hit me." Skyler continued to ponder as she searched her walk in closet for clothes to wear. She quickly grabbed a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and as she did so her stomach started to growl.

"Of course you're feeling hungry stomach, I haven't fed you all day," she said as she rubbed her stomach. "Wait... Did I actually just speak to my own stomach? Oof... These creatures are really getting to me!" After getting dressed Skyler went to her kitchen and made herself a ham sandwich with brown bread and she decided to accompany her sandwich with a glass of wine. She sat at the kitchen counter to eat her sandwich while her mind kept twirling over the fact that she had inherited powers, nothing, absolutely nothing had sunk in and Skyler was having a hard time accepting reality.

 "Those damn creatures!!! So tiny but yet so many superpowers in them!! If this had happened to anybody else I'd never believe them," she thought with exasperation.  Her head was about to explode but not because of the headache. In fact, the headache had completely vanished, her head was about to explode from all the events that had happened during the past twenty-four hours. Skyler kept replaying the bus scene in her head over and over again and the more she thought about it, the more she realized she need to go back to the facility.

"Well General Williams, it looks like you are about to get what you want, I have no choice but to go back to you people! Lucky for me I have photographic memory so I can retrace my steps back to you," Skyler uttered to herself as she took a huge gulp of her glass of wine.

Skyler didn't know what to expect when she would go back to the facility but she had decided on one thing, Shiloh and her people had to turn back to the way she was, there was no way that Skyler could go back to the dancing world with such powers, it would ruin her career.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing will come in between of me and my dream... Nothing!"