welcoming baby ....

*It's a ....! Read along to figure out what the baby is! I hope you guys enjoy! Thank you to my best friend ftm_trans15 for helping me write some of this! Send suggestions! Love • Bree 🌸*

Today is the BIG DAY!
PK is in labor!

PK woke up with some really strong contractions and Mike quickly packed up the car with everything they would need for the birth and their hospital stay!

PK wanted to have a hospital birth this time around but he also wanted to have the baby in the birthing pool which the hospital allows!

PK and Mike went to the hospital at around nine am! PK and Mike both really wanted to make sure that they actually made it to the hospital this time and not have another accidental home birth again!

Luckily, one of PK's work friends Morgan was able to stay at the house with John, Blakelyn, Paisley and Grayson while PK's mom Lorie, Mike's mom Florence and PK's Grandma Pat fly into town to watch the kids while PK and Mike are at the hospital and a few days afterwards to help them out!

Once at the hospital and PK and Mike got settled in, PK's doctor Dr. Stevenson finds out that the baby is in a breech position, meaning feet first instead of head first. Dr. Stevenson tried to turn the baby a few times but failed. Also, the baby's umbilical cord is around the baby's neck, so the safest option for delivery is a c-section.

PK is a little sad that he couldn't get the water birth he really wanted to do this time around, but he is very glad that his doctor caught the baby's breech position and also caught that the baby's cord is around it's neck.

PK and Mike are both very excited to welcome their fifth child into the world today and they are both very excited to finally find out if they are having a little girl or a little boy!

The whole family has been anxious waiting for this day for thirty eight weeks now and the day has finally came!

Mike and PK are patiently waiting for the c-section preparation to begin! PK just received an epidural and he is feeling a lot better!

"Ugh, this wasn't what we wanted, but this baby wants to be really stubborn. I wonder where they got that trait from?" PK says with sass at Mike.

Mike chuckles with a shake of his head at PK happily.

"I am not sure, babe. I think the baby got it from you! And, I know it's not what we planned, but we are gonna meet our new baby today and that's the best thing in the world, right?" Mike says as he tenderly kisses PK's cheek.

"You are absolutely right, babe. Having a healthy baby is all we both really want. It doesn't matter how they are born, as long as we are both happy and healthy. And I am so glad I got some pain medicine, those contractions were so freaking crazy! Crazier then the ones I had with Gray." PK says as he fixes the oxygen cannula that is in his nose.

PK's baby bump then moves around, making the two monitors on his belly shift slightly.

"The baby keeps kicking the monitors off." PK says with a giggle.

Mike grins and kisses PK's forehead, before leaning over to kiss PK's baby bump. This will be the last time Mike will kiss this baby bump!

"You did so good, PK. I know the contractions were very hard in you and I wish I could have helped lesson the pain for you, but you breathed your way through them and I am so amazed by you, babe." Mike says to PK, making PK's cheeks blush.

"Aww, I love you!" PK says as he blushes and smiles at Mike.

"I love you too!" Mike says as he and PK kiss each other a few times.