Chapter Ten

It was another day of sitting in the room of being locked up. I haven't been to the doctor in two days. Since then I have been sitting here, scared out of my mind. Just thinking of the doctors visit has made me worried beyond belief.

Medication? Medication for the King, but for what? Does he have a health problem? It wasn't very common in wolfs, I know that.

Its happening to their King, for a King to be sick...what are the chances? At least now I know he has a weakness. Something I can maybe use as leverage. Maybe...I just have to figure out what the medication is. Then Ill be able to do something about it, possibly expose him for what he is. A monster. A sociopath. Any word to describe a person of a no good heart.

He puts up such a mask, I hope to one day take that down, show everyone what he is. Then I heard the door opening again. I didn't even bother to look up, I know its him. He is the only one that comes to this room. The only one. That he didn't lie to me about.

"Come on. Look up at me" I didn't bother to move my head, only my eyes. He frowned, crouching down to me and taking off the bandage from my face.

"Its still a bit scabby...my bad" I scoffed, rolling my eyes. My bad he says. "Anyways...the test results came back"

"And I was right? Completely 100% human?" He sighed.

"Sadly..." He seemed generally sad.

"What made you think I was any type of werewolf? Why didn't you just listen to me for once?"

"Normally I am lied to...but yes completely human, 100% fucking human" his teeth then gritted. So now he is angry? This man I just don't understand him.

"I don't understand. Its not my fault your stuck with a human as a mate. You need to get over yourself"   Maybe my attitude should have waited. I could only feel him getting angrier by my statement.

"You don't understand. I am King to the werewolves. I'm supposed to get a mate that will be my equal. Equal in strength, equal in power, a Queen. Instead I got a human. A weak, pathetic human. I was supposed to get a mate that will have my pups. Someone who can handle that. Instead I got you, I'm not even sure you can even handle giving birth to one" I wanted to prove him wrong about my kind.

But the thought of getting in bed with this...thing made me disgusted.

"I do understand. I don't want to be your mate either, I would want someone who treats me well with respect and sees me as a person and not as a slave" I spat at him again.

His comment hurt me for some reason.

"Lets make an agreement then..." I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. "You pretend to be my mate. I get another woman, someone more clearly qualified to have my children. Ill let you return to your family, let you run off with some human. But every night you come back here, to my bed, to act out this little plan and trick the wolves" My throat closed up.

That hurt. Again. Why does the thought of him with someone else hurt so bad?

"Y-you sure it will work?" he bit his inner cheek, thinking for a moment.

"It has to work. My pups will kill you. I can't have a dead mate" he finished it off. "So either your cooperative...or I could just force this and keep you here, how is that?" I sighed.

This is my only way out of this situation.

"Fine I'll-"

"One more thing. You will raise the child with me"

"I thought I just had to be here at night and be the 'Queen'. I am not raising a kid that isn't my own" he shook his head.

"You either agree and get some freedom or I will keep you here, trapped. Now you can either listen this time or you can be forced. Are we clear on that?" I only narrowed my eyes at him.

Why is this happening? Why to me? I felt like crying again. Yet I couldn't. I didn't. Not in front of him anymore. I'm no bitch. I can handle this.

"F-Fine"

"Fine?"

"We have a deal" he grinned.

I hate this. For some reason I hate this with a passion. His eyes glimmered yellow as he gotten up and went to the door again. Just wait for him to leave.

Yet when he got to the door he couldn't move. He couldn't physically move from the door. He grunted, trying to move but he couldn't. He could only move back.

"Axel I am not doing this right now" Axel?

I slowly had gotten up. He was talking to someone else. No one was at the door, who was he talking to? He then turned to face me. His eyes were glowing yellow.

"I don't care that your human, your the only one I want" His voice changed.

What is happening? He shut the door, locking it. Then he began to walk towards me. I backed away, being frightened by him.

"I want you...I want you little human. You're all mine and I want every piece of you"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Then he shut his eyes again.

He took a minute. Then he opened them to the regular green eyes he held before they turned yellow.

"You shouldn't have seen that..."

"Seen what? What the hell happened to you? What was that?" It was like he was possessed.

Like something had taken over him. He opened his mouth to speak but then shut his mouth. He was going to say something but didn't say a god damn word.

"None of your concern. Forget about it and I will arrange the necessary things so we can make this whole mate thing work. Do you understand?" For a King he needs a lot of reassuring before doing something that involves me.

I nodded my head. Just forget about what happened. Its for the best right? He nodded back, forcing himself out of the doorway from the unknown force. Something isn't right.

First the medication. Someone named Axel? I'm going to get the bottom of this. I don't care if it gets me killed or not. Maybe I will truly find something that will expose him for good.