Sick

(FENG LIXONG)

I am looking forward to seeing my family soon. ZhuTuan and his wife will come back from a business trip to Japan two days from now and as my son promised, he will give me a chance to make things right for our family.

I want to see Yu again, my grandson. Living alone in our home is not ideal for me. I finally learned something new, that I don't want to live my remaining time here on Earth alone, with my son feeling disappointed at me and with Yu feeling hurt.

My son and grandson...they are precious to me. And I hope I can make everything right tomorrow so things can go back to normal, with my son and his wife living with me and we will get to see Yu every weekend to have meals with him.

It will happen. I will make sure that I will have my family again, intact and loving to each other.

But for now, I have an appointment. Guan asked to meet me in his private office. I am not sure what he wants but he said this has something to do with his grandson. I should say I couldn't care less about Wang Guan's grandson but my words might spread around and Yu will hear about it. I don't want my grandson to think that I really don't care about the man he chose to love.

I have to play nice until I got ZhuTuan's forgiveness and until Yu looked at me like I am his loving grandfather again.

So I agreed to meet Guan. I resolved myself to staying calm and be civil to my enemy, for Yu's sake.

But seeing Guan's face, his smug smile and stance, makes me want to throw away my resolve and put him in his rightful place, subservient and subdued.

"I find it a novelty that I can summon you now and you have no choice but to follow my orders," Guan said.

"It's hardly an order. You requested a meeting and I graciously accept it. If you want to banter insults, just say so, Guan. Stop wasting my time and tell me what you want," I drawled boredly as I sat on the seat opposite from his chair.

"All these times I only want one thing, LiXong. To get my grandson away from yours," Guan threw an envelope across the table. It stopped in front of me so I took and opened to see what's inside it.

Pictures...of my grandson. In garbs meant for a woman.

I felt my whole body going cold as I gazed at my Yu in long hairs, pretty dresses, skinny pants and colorful blouses. His face painted with makeups, his lips shaded and his lashes curled.

My Yu...and his secrets. In photos...

"You..." I look up at Guan. "How dare you...?"

"How dare you?" Guan gave me a cold glare. "You know about this, right? Your grandson being like this..."

I didn't answer, and my silence proved Guan's point.

"Take your grandson away from my Qing before I destroy him and your name using those photos..."

"You won't dare," I called his threat a bluff. "Your grandson..."

"Qing will get the same warning, LiXong." Guan replied in a hard tone. "He will leave that boy or I will start circulating those photos to humiliate his lover and the Fengs. It's time for Qing to heed my command. He had his fun, that is enough. Ever since your grandson came into our lives, my family has been divided. And it will continue to be divided as long as Feng Jian Yu stays in Qing's side. My daughter in law doesn't approve of Feng Jian Yu for Qing. In my part, I don't like your grandson or any Feng. And with this latest discovery of your grandson being a crossdresser is just unacceptable. Don't poise your shame on my family, LiXong. I will never accept someone like that in my family. This must end..."