Alternative Rock

(QING)

"Will you really proceed with this?" My brother asked while he lounge on a solo armchair included in the seat settings inside my office.

I frowned at him, "You rarely had a day off and when you finally had one, you decided to pester me? Really?"

SengYou Gege gave me a challenging stares, "That is my job as your older brother. To pester you, make you doubt yourself so you won't be reckless and make your life difficult. I am just doing my job."

"But I..." my reply was interrupted when the office door opened to admit LiYan bearing a tray with a cup of coffee.

"Your coffee, Dr.Wang." She smiled sweetly to my brother before putting the cup daintily on the center table in front of my brother.

My frown turned to her, "Where is mine? And I didn't remember asking coffee for my visitor?" I asked her.

LiYan raised a perfectly painted eyebrow at me, "I am an efficient secretary, Director Wang. I anticipate your needs before you can even ask for it."

"They why make just one cup of coffee?" I asked her while gesturing at the cup in front of my brother.

"We run out of sugar in the office kitchen," she said in a bland tone.

"It's okay I can take my coffee without sugar. As long as it's hot..."

"We run out of coffee," LiYan said in the same bland tone.

"Miss Tan, are you blatantly lying to me right now?" I cannot believe her.

LiYan flipped her neatly ponytailed hair, "Of course not, Director. If you want, you can go to the kitchen and check if I am lying. We only had enough coffee for one cup. I had to beat Miss Yun, Director Dee's secretary, for it. Didn't I did a great job?"

She...wow...

"Stop harrassing LiYan," Gege gave me a censoring look before smiling at my secretary. "Thank you for the coffee, LiYan. This is just what I need. Sorry about your boss. He was dropped when we was a baby, his head hit the floor first."

"I was not dropped..." I protested but no one is listening to me. My secretary has her eyes only for the visitor.

"It's okay, Dr.Wang. Working for Director Wang has certain perks. Including seeing you..." then LiYan giggled like she is possessed while batting her heavily mascaraed eyes on my brother. It's all happening in front of me, the blatant disrespect.

Unbelievable. I cannot take her anymore.

"Please go back to your station, Miss Tan. I can hear the phone ringing on your desk here," I waved my hand to dismiss her.

Gege took the coffee cup from the table and took a sip. "I don't hear any phone ringing." He smiled up at LiYan, "This is good coffee by the way, thank you again LiYan."

That absolutely made her day, "Anything for you, Dr.Wang. And I mean...anything and everything..."

"Okay! That's enough! Go back outside Miss Tan. Please..." I cannot take them both anymore that if they continue, I will probably leave my own office and them.

LiYan twists her lips on me before sneering and leaving petulantly. I put a hand on my forehead while eyeing my brother who relaxed on his seat again.

"Can you take the responsibility if my secretary died in giddiness? Can you? Stop leading my secretary on, Gege. Stop giving her false hope. Please!" I begged him.

"LiYan and I knew the score. This is harmless flirting, Wang Qing. Something different from what you have in mind when you think of Feng Jian Yu..." Gege reminded me.