Almost Perfect

(QING)

We failed to convince the hotel owners to let us supply their hotel bar with our drinks today. More negotiations need to happen. LiYan and I had to gather more data, survey more people and make new reports.

Our mission here is failing so bad.

"But you still have the time to smile," LiYan said bitterly. "Wang Qing, at this rate...we will be stuck here for three more days until we came up with an agreeable arrangement with this hotel and resort. How can you smile there? We are getting fucked here!"

"Relax," I smiled at LiYan. "Let's make another report today. Tweak the datas a little. I will call the VP for Production again. Maybe even the CEO himself. Everything will be fine..." I assured her.

"You...ugh!" LiYan put a hand at her nape. "You are just in a good mood because Dayu canceled his flight and plans to go back to Beijing!" She snarled at me.

My smile widened and brightened. "He will stay here until Tuesday. If we are lucky, we can be in the same flight with Dayu. How cool is that?"

LiYan was stunned. "Oh...you...stupid fool. What is happening to you? You have never been like this before? What is the deal with this guy that you are acting really strange? You are scaring me!"

"How am I acting strange?" I don't know what she means.

"You are putting your work behind your love life. You never done that before..." LiYan widened her eyes on me. "You always prioritize your work and career over your lovers. What is different this time?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "My work is stable. Even if we fail here in Hainan, there are more hotels and bars where we can sell our products. What's to panic about?"

LiYan thought for s second before nodding. "You are right. There is nothing to worry about. It's not like they will fire you if we fail to bring in this account. But still...I have never seen you focus on a guy this much before. The way you concentrate on Dayu, is unprecendented."

"Maybe," I cannot dispute that claim. "But I don't see anything wrong about that. I am highly interested in Dayu. I want to give efforts for him."

"Is he a challenge?" LiYan asked. "I know you like achieving impossible feats, Qing...but Dayu..."

"Dayu is not a challenge," I shook my head. "If he is that simple, then I won't be scrambling like an idiot after him. No. Dayu is more than a challenge. He may be someone who would finally make sense of my life..."

LiYan's one perfectly drawn eyebrow raised. "Someone to make sense of your life? Why? Is your life not making any sense right now?"

I sighed, "In truth, I don't know." I confessed to LiYan. "Dayu said I am amazing. He thinks I have achieved a lot of things to be proud of. Maybe he is right. I do have a nice life. But right now, I am asking, what is all this for? I have a nice job, my own house, cars, money on the bank, nice clothes, friends, a wonderful family. I have an almost perfect life but I am still asking what am I doing, really...?"

LiYan nodded, "I think I can follow your thoughts. You said you have an almost perfect life. So maybe the question is...what can make your life completely perfect? Do you have an idea about that one.

"I don't know." I smiled at LiYan. "All I know is that ever since I met Dayu, there is a nagging voice in my head that is telling me to stay close to him. While my heart wants different things."

"Different things? What things?" LiYan asked me in a wondering tone.

I winked at her. "Those things...I will tell them to Dayu first. For now, let's work..." I passed a folder to LiYan. "Make a more thorough summary about our findings here. Use the datas we gathered tomorrow and this morning. Let's present this to the people in the Headquarter." I sighed. "I just hope they will stop asking us to gather more datas. If they cannot reach an agreement, they can tell me so we can fly back to Beijing and stop wasting our time here. I have more pressing things to worry about over this stupid deal,"