Chaos

(DAYU)

I feel a major headache coming.

As I left that ballroom to try and find a quiet corner to breath and gather my wits, I felt someone following me.

"Yu ah," it's my mother. "Are you alright?"

No. Nothing about this night is alright. I had to stay away from Qing to please my family while they force me to make nice on families with daughters close to my age. Almost boring me to tears.

Nothing about this is fine at all.

But I plastered a little smile on my lips when I faced my mother. "I just want some air, Mama. Go back to Baba. I will be fine."

"Are you sure? You do look a little pale, Yu ah." Mama held my wrist. "Shall we say our goodbyes to the host and leave for home?"

"No," I shook my head. The pouding on my brain worsening a bit. I just want to get away from my mother. "Baba and Grampy are still talking to people inside. Go back and I will be fine."

Mama denied me though. "No. I want to stay with you. That family is here and I am not comfortable leaving you alone. I don't trust the Wangs." She said.

Yes and no. Yes, she doesn't trusts the Wangs. Especially a particular son of theirs.

And also, she doesn't trusts me as well. My own mother is suspicious of me. Do I blame her? Maybe just a little. Not by much. Because right now, all I want is to do what she is afraid that I will do, run to Qing.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Her hand in my wrist is starting to feel like a steel chain restraining me to move. "Mama, please. Let me go. I already did what you want. All night, I have stayed by your side and smile at the people you want me to meet. Please. Let me just get some air,"

I feel like the whole lobby of this venue is starting to swirl around my vision.

"Yu ah," Mama frowned at me. "You don't have to phrase it like that. I am just looking after you..."

"Well I want to be alone now. Please let me go," I pulled my hand from her hold harshly. My mother gave me a surprised look. But I don't care anymore. My head is aching and I just want to breath a little. Away from her. Away from that ballroom.

I turned my body to walk away but stopped when I saw a figure watching from some meters away.

Qing.

"Yu ah," my mother, who obviously saw Qing as well, came to my side. "Let's go back inside and collect your Baba and Grampy. I think it's time we go home."

My mother...she is saying something, words...sentences. But for some reason, her words sounded broken in my head. It's only registering in bits and pieces on my head.

While my vision zeroed on Qing who kept on staring at me as well.

Qing.

I need him. My head is aching so badly and I want Qing to hold me and take all the pain away.

He can do it. Qing can do it. He can make me feel better. One hug. Just one hug from Qing and I will be better.

I need him.

"Yu ah..." that buzzing again. On my side. I want to run away from that buzz.