Hit

(DAYU)

Of all the things I imagined my Grampy will do to answer back Qing's questions for him, this didn't even entered my mind.

Him commissioning a newpaper article saying that the Wangs owe their start and success from him.

By the time Qing and I read the article from the newspaper published from the company my mother's family owns, the news had reached our friends and acquaintances.

AhnZong even called me. Asking what the hell is happening. BaoBao messaged Qing that the news had reached employees in the hospital.

"The article was first put online. People had been reading it since midnight. But it circulated more because it's also in the newspaper this morning. What should I do?"

BaoBao is waiting for Qing's cue on what to do.

Qing decided to dress up to run to his family. "I have to talk to Wowo and Baba. Know their plans. They will surely retaliate or contrast what your Grampy did..."

"I'm so sorry," I told my lover.

Qing shook his head, "I think we should stop apologizing for our family's actions. Stop apologizing to me about what your Grampy is doing, I will stop saying sorry for Mama and Wowo. This constant apologizing to each other just stresses us more,"

I nodded in agreement to what he said. Qing hugged me. "Stay here. Just stay here. I will sort this out. This is partly my fault."

"Please be careful," I followed him in the garage as he get in his car.

But when Qing left, the anxiety in me made me move. If Qing is settling things in my family, I have to do the same. I have to ask Grampy what he thinks this article will accomplish aside from broadening the gap between our family and Qing's family.

So I just changed my clothes. Shed my sleepwear and get in a pair of jeans and decent shirt before hailing a taxi to get to our house.

But my Grampy 's reaction to me made me remember that my extensions are still attached on my hair.

I am still sporting a long hair.

I was so used to them that I didn't even notice that the extensions are still attached on my head.

"Why is your hair like that, Yu ah?" Grampy eyed my head critically. "Did you really dared to get out in public like that?" His tone getting loud in anger.

"Yu ah," Baba and Mama joined us in the ground floor. Baba stood in front of Grampy, "Baba, what is the meaning of this?" He showed the newspaper to Grampy.

"What do you mean what it means? It's written there. Our truth. That Wang Guan wouldn't even be a doctor if not for the mercy and pity I bestowed on him. I gave him money to finish his study and now he is biting my hand, like he is a rabid dog,"

"Why?" Baba asked. Frustration on his tone, "Why do this? This won't help anyone. What do you think you will accomplish with this?"

"Wang Guan's humility," Grampy replied mulishly. "I want that man to admit to himself and to everyone that without me, without my money, he will be nothing..."

"Baba!"

"Grampy!" I cannot help exclaiming with Baba.

Grampy glared at us. "Why are you both shouting at me?! Such disrespect. Is that article more important than Yu? Look at your son, ZhuTuan, he is running around looking like a ridiculous long haired addict. What would people think of Yu?"