Aftermath

(FENG LIXONG)

"I'm sorry," my son apologizes as we gathered in the study room after Jian Yu went up into his room.

"Stop, ZhuTuan. Yu is right. This is what we want. He already broken up with that boy..." MiLen sighed. "Although I do worry about Yu. He looks too pale. I wonder if I should check on him..."

"No, let's leave him alone for now." I said to my son and daughter in law. "Yu might think we are heartless for wanting him away from that boy but someday, he will realize that this is for the best. The Wangs will not be kind to him because he is my grandson."

I worry about Yu as well. I do. I love my grandson. But Yu breaking up with that Wang boy is a blessing for all of us.

Even though Wang Guan's son did let something slip.

Murdering bastards...

It looks like Wang Guan's son is like his father. An unthinking buffoon. What do you expect from people with inferior blood? Mongrels...all of them. Those Wangs.

"What if people started talking about us, Baba?" My son asked me. Shame and fear in his eyes. "It's my fault. I lost control. But when I saw MiLen almost falling, I just saw red..."

"You moved to protect your family. Who am I to fault you for that?" I nodded to my son. "Yes, your actions leave a lot to be desired but those Wangs are worse than you. I knew it from that start, it will all end like this. In chaos. It always did when that family is involved."

"ZhuTuan," MiLen held my son's arm. "Let's not worry about what that man said. We should be thinking about Yu. Our son...he must be hurting. I know he loves that boy...and deciding to break up is hard for him. We should support Yu more from now on so he can bounce back from this. Maybe we should take a vacation. Away from Beijing. What do you think?" My daughter in law asked us.

ZhuTuan shook his head, "Let's wait for Yu to tell us what he wants to do. If he will say yes to going away to travel a bit, then we will go with him. Let's wait for Yu."

"That is a wise decision. Because in the end, your son made the right choice. It was hard at first but Yu still manages to broke his relationship with Wang Guan's grandson. In the end, Yu chose us. And for that, I am grateful." I agreed with my son.

I am very grateful for Yu's decision to end his association with that boy. I know it will be hard for Yu. His heart got broken as well, but his parents and I can help Yu to heal. He can take his time. As long as our connection to the Wangs are severed already, we can all take our time to right things again.

Yu will be okay in the end.

I believe in my grandson.

As for the Wangs, they might think that they finally put mud in our name by that scene and by calling us murdering bastards but they are greatly mistaken if they think us Fengs will fall just like that.

Never. I will not lose anything or anyone against Guan again.

Not my name. Not my reputation. Not my grandson.

Never.

I will crush them if they think to go after our name.

Tomorrow I will gather my PR people to do damage control. I have to protect our name. The name my son ang grandson carries.